PDA

View Full Version : T-mobile BARRED fones now work!!! pls read.

DaveGSM82
09-02-2003, 12:37 PM
T-mobile barred phones are currently un-barred, I repeat,
T-MOBILE BARRED PHONES ARE CURRENTLY UN-BARRED!!!.

If you have a phone which is barred stick a T-mobile sim in it and try to call out, it may reject you a couple of times but it will start to make calls quite often, the more you use it the more often it will connect. I have been using a 6310i on t-mobile since last night and it connects almost all the time.

I've attempted to re-register the fone with an unregistered sim, and possibly, just possibly the barring will get removed, my theory is that if I can make a call while the phone is barred then I can prove it is MY phone, thusly if it STOPS woring I can then call and ask what the hell is going on.

I'll report back in a few days.

Dave

(information sourced from NDI :-p)

09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
r u sure its barred ? cause ive gone across a few phones that showed to be barred ( full reception and will disconnect phone calls ) but they will be a hardware problem

what im trying to say is that some phones would have full reception and when u will try to call it will display ' call ended ' but if u will contiune dialling it will phone after a few attempts . try to copy IMEI on a 3310 ( or any other DCT3 phone ) and check if the IMEI is barred .

DaveGSM82
09-02-2003, 08:08 PM
already done it mate, thats the first thing I do when I get a suspect fone, you'll find that all barred fones will work on t-mobile intermittently.

I have 3 barred fones, 6310, 2x A300, all show the same symptoms, exept the a300's say "call rejected" and the 6310 just goes Beep beep beep (you'll find an argument on another thread where people recon that means no available channels, But t-mobile use it to show a rejected handset too, same as voda) BT cellnet and orange simply wont let the handset sign in, with the message "sim card registration failed" with a known good sim.

try it, you'll see.

Dave.

10-02-2003, 01:43 AM
yes man i read it after i had posted , sorry for that . a300 imei can be changed but , so there r not such a problem . if i was in the UK i would try the T-mobile SIM but im afraid i cannot :) .

DaveGSM82
10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
I know the a300 imei can be changed, but do you have the software to do it? I used to have a clip which did imei's on a300's but I broke it by trying to read its contents. no-one seems to have the software to do this.

even an eeprom dump unlocker/imei changer would be good.

dave

10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
ok mate , ill send u when ill be on my pc . not sure it does a300 .