PDA

View Full Version : firmware update

||Joe
11-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Itīs possible to updade the firmware with the pressent technologics (home stuff) and if yes how

thanks in advance

||Joe
13-12-2001, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Yes you can upgrade the mobile phone's firmware and you need some more than home stuff to do that. First of all you will need the SPC (Service Programming Code) and only the distributor or the carrier (your phone service provider) knows that by a computing a certain algorithm based on your ESN (Electronic Serial Number). Some of te manufacturers (the latest Nokia software update will let you upgrade the flash file without asking for the SPC but most of others won't let you write anything without the SPC. If you don't have access to that don't go further instead look for Unlocking the Subsidy Code (not the user security code) This issue is the worse of all problems and needs high skill in EEPROM. The Internet is full of offers for this but so far I have not found any working software for the CDMA mobile phones to unlock the SPC. I have all possible cables and dongles (for flashing and data) and all posible software for the regular programming but this is something iregular and can not be done without tricks. I think this is enough for thwe beginning. Welcome to the hell of Lock Codes.
Cheers.

J.T.

Mircea Vasiliu
19-12-2001, 06:02 PM
Does tweaking the firmware of a phone equal upgrading with respect to possible problems? I mean if I want to change the way a menu works can I do it with a simple flasher or do I need something more elaborate (or it isn't possible at all)