PDA

View Full Version : Ego-maniac modded flashs

adrianpopa
13-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Yestarday i flashed my 3310 with a so called "3315 Winxp" modded flash . It worked. What bugs me is the fact that the autor wrote his name in every single menu, not to mention that he squeezed in an extra menu with egocentristical information (his name all over the place , phone number, icq number, etc.). What's the point of releasing these kind of flash files? I rather keep the 3310 flash!

.ro
13-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I feel your pain ... I'm having the same repulsion for those flashes.

cprafferty
13-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Well you know most artists put there name on there art, so this is the same.

Also it prevents LUSERS steal other peoples work and making money off it.

jigger
14-02-2003, 06:16 AM
the rhytmic leds slideshow stuff of winxp3315i is an original silvamichael modification...its not been done before...so, its natural to put his name on it...egoistic?? i guess not...if u like the modification but dont like his name, then by all means make your own rhytmic leds and i guess u can only count on your fingers of people who can make this.

BenLags
14-02-2003, 07:08 AM
I agree with you jigger...... besides these modifier gives us a new discovery/modification. It's a challenge for us flashers. It means that if we just use other's work then it bears their signature.
For me, these modded flash gives us a NEW idea and a new challenge to deal with... another sleepless nights, he, he, he...
greetz to silvamichael.....saludo ko bai!!!

adrianpopa
14-02-2003, 04:18 PM
It is not so hard to modify some one else's modded flash and write you name on it! My point is : If it is free it does'nt have to be a tribute to the whoever edited the flash. All i say is that the modz will be more popular if the menus where left without there names. I bet there are more discreet methods to set some kind of signature somwere in the fls.

PS Egocentric =regarding oneself as the subject, object, and standard of all things.

Twister
14-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Maybe the modder's specifications such as name, surname tel. number etc. can be written only in version info (*#0000#)
It's just an idea.

adrianpopa
14-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Better, in any case!!

jigger
15-02-2003, 02:56 AM
y be bothered by the author's names! just a thought...y not make your own modification!!!

adrianpopa
15-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Dont nag screens bother you in some shareware programs? At least i can buy the program , if i like it. What good is to have a nice flash if you have signatures all over it. If you like glorry, sell it.

nel
25-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Yes its really disgusting not to think of that he is from the neighboring city...
what type of person would do that thats the first I encounter who put all his life in a flash....

adrianpopa
25-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Finally some one got the messsage. :D

theremoids
26-02-2003, 05:20 AM
i don't think it's egoistic.

you can always change his name with yours... but that wouldn't be nice... it's like erasing van gogh's signature from his paintings.

i best way to have a nice flash is to make your own artistic modz.

adrianpopa
26-02-2003, 04:27 PM
For the record :" i would never modify someones fls..."
I am seek of repeating my self. I d'ont want someone's modd. I use my own modd. The thing is : there are many persons who d'ont have a clue on how to modify the fls, or maybe they d'ont have time.

What's the big deal, puting your name all over. There are few people who do the really hard work - those who coded the software you use ( ...to write stupid infos on the menus.) They deserve all the credits .....

P.S.
Comparing what we are doing with " Van Gogh's paintings" it's unapropriate.

ximon
27-02-2003, 11:49 AM
can u post the 3315winxp flash here? i want to see it! :P

adrianpopa
27-02-2003, 03:19 PM
search the forum!

sirhc_desktop
27-02-2003, 04:28 PM
@adrianpopa

well, if hate to see the authors name...

it's very simple,

don't use his modified flash

and better make your own...

adrianpopa
28-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by sirhc_desktop
@adrianpopa

it's very simple,

You're not beeing very original, are you?
I think this guy does not understand what i am saying here.

I use my own modds!
Is that clear enough for you!

Double L
28-02-2003, 12:31 PM

it's very simple,

I agree with that!!!

I think flashfile are made to give others ideas so that they can make their own. I think you can edit the names if you will use it for personal use only and if you know how to do it.
But I think it bad if you will edit the names and use it for comercial use! Better make your own!!!:D

adrianpopa
28-02-2003, 12:47 PM
@ Double L

I agree with you. If you write your name, it shoul be used by you only(so you can show your friends how cool you are :D :D) , but when posting it , i think one litle signature is enough to protect your work .
Hey, why not get a EEPROM programmer and write your name in your TV's menus? That would be really cool , not to mention nobody could say they did it . Then we can go further and write the names on the coffee machine,the fridge and your sisters cd player! Great , ha?

BenLags
01-03-2003, 06:39 AM
We modify flashes. Yes, it's true. What we do in a flash..... it's our personal pleasure, it's a previlege, at least in this forum. And we share it.

People who share their modded flashes, let us see their styles and their discoveries. Some of it comes from the ideas from the forum and others from their own discoveries. It is open for criticism.... yes it is.... but why criticize? Is it an act of "boo-ing" him just because his modification doesn't fits our likes? Or it is an idea of descriminating someone?

As for me, I modify flashes my own and also tested many shared modified flashes. I examined their modifications: what's new? how they do it? If nothing's new, then nothing. If many names are present, then it's not my concern (it's their style, not for me to judge). I know many experts in this forum, I've read their threads.... their replies.... they don't judge/criticised shared modifications... they help, they encourage.

WinXP3315iEditionVerF. A shared modded flash. I tested it. There's no mention that I am obliged to use this flash nor use the modifier's name. What I see is a new discovery! a slideshow that flicker in synchronous with the backlight/keypad light, and many others. It's new for me, I don't know how he do it. There are more modifications aside from this. Some not new to me (I know how to do it). I salute to this author. He has something he knew and shared. I didn't take personally his styles, its his.

If someone don't want to see modifications that have styles that doesn't "FIT THEIR LIKES" because it touches their ego then why bother looking at shared modified files. I think the "sharers" here doesn't obliged any members here to use their shared files. It's just a spirit of sharing or showing what he got to his "older" and "younger" brothers.

My point here is: I joined this forum to learn about flashing and modifications of flashes through the spirit of "sharing", not to make other's work an object of criticism. Did I miss this? Or I'm just in a wrong forum?

Well.... its just an idea....

markaidestine
01-03-2003, 07:50 AM
I dont see anything wrong with putting signatures with ur own mod flash files, the author has the right to do whatever he wants in his flash files, if u hav problem with that then dont use it, u keep on saying ull never use it then why r u keep on complaining ...it only means u have some kind of hidden interest :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :confused:

jigger
01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
@benlags
very well said!

@adrianpopa
you post this topic to two categories in this forum...your not contented to one category to let know your point...i guess you already spammed your message across...so, its enough that everybody knows your stand!

adrianpopa
01-03-2003, 11:15 AM
...im about to start crying!:mad:
I see i touched somebodys nerves .

For the last time: I modd my own fls, i dont use somebody else's . DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? @BenLags

You've taken the "fls modifying concept " near extremism.
Youre emotional side is messing with your judge
. I dont have anything against the mods but , as i said before, it woul be enough to sign you work - ones- . Dont you agree? Why mess with all the menus? Why? Why?

@ jigger
:eek: :eek: What is you problem? Do you feel spammed? Why?
Is somebody forcing you to read the threads? I guess not. So better keep your opinions to your self if you feel spammed.:mad:

sirhc_desktop
01-03-2003, 03:55 PM
it is the right of the author to write his signature
on everything he wants, wherever it is in his modded flash
because his the one modifying it,
the point there is, he is showing some posibilities that cauld be
done within the flash files..
like the WinXP, theres a blinking lights that was created by the author and he is sharing it with the rest of the members about his creation.

we are not obliged to use his modded flash, but we are challenged to do our best to make our own flash better than
what he is showing...

as far as i know WinXP 3315 is the best!!!

g3gg0
01-03-2003, 03:58 PM
@adrianpopa:

its to prevent the stealing of his fls and selling it over ebay etc.
so imho this kind of signing is absolute correct...
u use your own mods? so why complaining about these entries?

doesnt make sense for me... these name entries dont disturb me,
because i use my own mod also...
they would just disturb if i would to give them away as my own mod

the cat eats mices... i dont like so... who cares?

adrianpopa
02-03-2003, 02:26 PM
I'm very sorry cause i cant make my self understood. There are many people who dont have a clue on how to modd the fls, so it would be nice to let them enjoy your great fls whitout seeing in every menu someones name . This is all i'm trying to say.
I dont agree that signing the menus protects the fls cause its easy to remove the so called signature. The only ones who cant remove the "signature" are the newbies.

And whats the big fuss, anyway . Sign-it ones. Van Gogh did , in the corner.

Double L
02-03-2003, 07:31 PM
@adrianpopa

I'm very sorry cause i cant make my self understood. There are many people who dont have a clue on how to modd the fls, so it would be nice to let them enjoy your great fls whitout seeing in every menu someones name . This is all i'm trying to say. I dont agree that signing the menus protects the fls cause its easy to remove the so called signature. The only ones who cant remove the "signature" are the newbies.

Sorry man, I think i got your point:D :D
But no offence man, I think this forum is made for the newbies to learn. Just like me before, If i just let my self enjoy those great fls I would be still a newbie right now and still enjoying those great fls. For me great fls are encouragement to learn new ideas and not just to enjoy them.:D :D

BenLags
03-03-2003, 04:19 AM
@adrianpopa

Got your point, now, Sir. We, newbies got our knowledge in modifying/flashing fls files from you all masters. I, for sure, am not using other's modded flashes. I only study it: what's new and how to do it. I use my own modification. I only touched with this "EGO-MANIAC" term of yours, it's too bold for a "sharer" who just want to share his new discovery (not his name in a flash, I think) to the newbies like me.

Sorry, sir.

adrianpopa
03-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok i admit it !:D
Maybe "egocentric" is to much.
I'm glad that finally you guys understood my point. :)