PDA

View Full Version : repair required on 8850

exuptoy
13-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi all
I'm looking for someone out there to repair my 8850. I bought it cheap because there was no voice coming from the mic. The mic slider contacts have been removed off the board leaving two pairs of solder strips on the board to solder to. If anyone in the uk has the nec knowledge to repair please drop me a line. I have a pps southwest repair depot near me and they will repair the phone but as the slider switch is also damaged they will only repair all damage and charge me a second mortgage.

lonegunman
15-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Got any pic's you could upload for people to look at, so we can tell you if we can do it on not, as I'm not sure what the problem is, to me it sounds like on the bottom of the board the little black square has been ripped off, if thats the case then you would need to try and get a new one and then solder it one.

exuptoy
15-02-2003, 04:20 PM
The contacts havent been ripped of the board, they were unsoldered leaving two pairs of nice clean solder track, I will take pics later and upload. What format and file size should I send, Jpeg okay?

exuptoy
15-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Here's the pics dont know if they're any good

lonegunman
16-02-2003, 10:26 AM
OK, then it's just a matter of finding a new black thing to solder in place, now how much was you going to be charged by the other people?

exuptoy
17-02-2003, 06:07 PM
they wouldnt give me a price to just replace the mic contacts only to totally repair all damage and they kept spouting off about not being able to give a guarantee...... like I give a toss!

lonegunman
17-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Well I have asked about and can't get a dead board from anyone as a good price so you may be stick with it, try rob at HERE ([email protected]) he is a bit nearer to you than I am and might beable to help.

exuptoy
20-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks again.