PDA

View Full Version : dead Nokia 3210 result of bad flash??

One SidE zerO
15-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi

I was recently flashing a nokia 3210 with a unlocked partial file and my dejan flash cable, but accidently written the data tot the begin of the ppm 0x0020000 instead of 0x00260000.

the result of this stupidity is a dead phone.

normaly when you flash the backup (yes ,i made a backup first) back to the phone and calculate the faid again the phone would be cool again (i think)
, but when i try to read or write something with the phone with knok22 (where i normaly flash with) it reply's he cannot initiate the phone!?.

Any information on this?
(I use Windows xp, and runned al needed softwares so far)

thanks!

ps. for accurate info on the replies from knok ask , and ill post

paolo
15-02-2003, 11:45 PM
no problem.. just reflash your original backup....then use rolisflasher 4.77 or higher....but you should use userport for you should be able to flash on winxp..Then post the result

One SidE zerO
17-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks paolo

I succesfully got the phone alive again by flashing back the backup in windows millenium (which i installed before i could read your reply).

i think i will use the userport program next time , so i can succesfully flash phone's in windows xp

the problem was uses knok instead of rollisflasher, because knok can work with windows xp and rollisflasher does not work in windows xp, and knok does not flash phone's when he cannot identify them (when begin of flash code is bad) for some security reasons, am i right?

thanks again!.