PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 3350 in Portuguese: Beta testers needed!

Nanda
19-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone! :)

I have just finished translating the Nokia 3350 to Portuguese (Brazilian). For now it's just the menu text but soon I'll try and add a T9 dictionary as well.

What I need now is people who speak portuguese and have Nokia 3350s (original or 3330 converts) to please test the Flash files I have made. I'm waiting for a 3410 LCD to test the files myself, but we could all save a lot of time if people just tested the file and told each other if it works and what bugs they have found.

Particular concerns for me regarding this flash are the line breaks in text (especially in large-font confirmation messages) and special characters, especially Nº and nº (número), etc.

In my translation I have remained as loyal as possible to original Nokia text (most lines were simply taken from the 3330, and the remaining ones are from the 3410 and 3315 as they all have similar functions). I made two files: one by replacing Chinese-Simplified in pack A and the other by replacing Malay in pack C.

The flashes are available for download at:

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos/

Please test them and report back here. Note that knok b.1 and ppmManager indicated that all CRCs are correct, however I cannot guarantee that the files will work - as I said it's a test! :rolleyes:

Together we can make this file work... And if it does, with T9 we'll have a complete Portuguese 3350 solution! Now that's something not all NFree languages have.

Thanks in advance for your support,

gkagg
19-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Dear Nanda at first I have to congragulate you on your effort!! I have already tested the files you uploaded. However the result was rather dissapointing. Concerning the A pack the characters are not

displayed correctly. You see, you have translated Chinese-Simplified (has LANG ID 022) which is a unicode language into a non-unicode (Portuguese) . As a result the portuguese language cannot be

displayed correctly on the phone. To solve the problem, firstly you have to change the LANG ID to language's corresponding ID (For poruguese is 006 - just use HEX Workshop and change HEX String 0016

to 0006) and then to select a non-unicode language to translate (e.g like you did in pack c by changing the malaysian with Portuguese) As far as Pack C is concerned you didn't make the same mistake with

the selection of the language however there were several errors as well.
The first thing I noticed is that you didn't change tha lang ID (018 to 006). Another thing is that some Portuguese language specific chars (like "ã", "õ", "á") are not displayed correctly. Obviously this problem has to do with the LPCS chunk which does not contain these characters.

That's for now. I will check them more thoroughly later on and if I find anything more I will inform you....

CU...

Nanda
19-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks gkagg!

About the pack A problem, I had already detected it but couldn't be sure.

In pack C file I have changed language ID from "18" to "06" in the .cpt file that ppmManager creates extracting text chunks. Is that what you mean by changing the language ID number?

About the special characters, I thought they were in that ppm because they showed in PPM Edit when I displayed the fonts list... So I just used information from there...

Still, many thanks for your feedback. I'll keep working on the pack C file for now... and on an improved site (the current one was made in hurry in Word2000!). :)

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do next and what progs. to use please post them here!

Cheers,

Nanda
20-02-2003, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone, and thanks for your support!

I have updated the site with a nice 3350 graphic :D I've also removed the pack A file as that would be very hard to be made to work properly.

The project is still up! I made a few corrections to the pack C file (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos) - thanks gkagg for your input! - but there's still work to be done, too bad I don't know what it is :rolleyes: That's why I need your inputs!

So keep 'em coming. :)

Thanks again,

Al
20-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Hi!

Just checked your modded flash and.... I think it still has bugs:
TEXT chunk can't be viewed properly by all PPM managing programs...
You can replace whole AORD chunk with such one from 3330 pack C, also you can do this with LDB chunk (replace whole) if you want T9 - for this operations you can use PPMedit or FLSedit ;)

Resume download not supported on your site :(, so it can be hard for people with poor internet connection (like me ;)) to download flash :(, and why you don't post only ppm (coz mcu still the same)??

PS Have you read this (http://nokiafree.org/forums/t14265/s.html#post72736) ? sorry for disturbance
PPS Clean up your PM box, coz it's full :)

Nanda
20-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Hi!

@Al

Thanks for your input! :D I have replaced AORD and LDB chunks with those from 3330 pack C like you recommended. The PPM with these modifications can be downloaded BELOW. Please check it: if I did things right and the bugs you have found are gone I'll upload a flash with this new ppm to the test site.

About the site, I'm actually building a larger Nokia site based on the looks of the current test one (I rather liked it after I'd finished) so I'll implement some nice things and features, in time.

I decided to upload a MCU+PPM flash so that people could test it right away instead of having to find a v5.22 MCU and then joining them. Besides most separate MCUs and PPMs you find are in Wintesla format and my PPM would be in Dejan (.fls).

Now, won't the AORD and LDB change mean a change in special character codes (the dreaded "\x??")?

Thanks again and I'll be waiting for your reply.

PS Yes I did thanks!
PPS Just cleaned my inbox thanks!

gkagg
20-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey Nanda. Try this one for translating the file again. I assure you that it will make your life easier!!! It is a proggy called INOCULATE made by a great Greek buddy named valtrig!!! It operates directly into binary text chunks and there is no need to use PPM Edit anymore. Just explode the flash file with PPM manager and load text chunks. You can transfer text from any phone's flash you want.

Cheers!!!

gkagg
20-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Nanda

Now, won't the AORD and LDB change mean a change in special character codes (the dreaded "\x??")?

[/B]

The characters of the phone (including the special ones for each language) are located in the LPCS subchunk and not in the aord chunk. So for Portuguese chars in order to be displayed correctly you have to use a corresponding LPCS chunk (e.g 3410,s or 3310's PPM C). Use the proggy I have attached and you will see...

PS: Nice site layout!!!!!!

Nanda
20-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi!

@gkagg

Thanks! :) I have used your friend's program (excellent BTW) and corrected all special character entries, so now the phone should display them correctly.

Other changes were the ones recommended by you and by Al: fully replace LDB and AORD chunks. I used 3330 chunks for that purpose.

I didn't replace the 3350's original LPCS chunk with a 3330's or 3410's because all characters were correclty displayed with the original LPCS - changing it would mean messing them all up again and having to go though the whole correction process once more. :rolleyes: All special characters needed could be found in original LPCS.

So now the new corrected flash is avalable for download at the site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos), please check it out and send more feedback.

PS: Thanks! I'm designing a bigger Nokia site along those lines so it's nice to know people have liked it!

@Everyone

Thank you very much for the support :D and let's keep those replies coming! Thanks...

Nanda
20-02-2003, 07:31 PM
@Everyone

I've just updated the site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos) with the latest beta version of the translated file. Please check it.

@gkagg (and possibly others)

Did you flash the file to a phone? Now, I know the translation itself didn't work, but was it just that, I mean did the phone otherwise work and pick up a signal?

Thanks,

gkagg
20-02-2003, 08:52 PM

@gkagg

I didn't replace the 3350's original LPCS chunk with a 3330's or 3410's because all characters were correclty displayed with the original LPCS - changing it would mean messing them all up again and having to go though the whole correction process once more. :rolleyes: All special characters needed could be found in original LPCS.

Yes I know 3350 original LPCS includes some European special chars but not for my language so I was oblidged to change LPCS and use 3410's one. That's why I told you about the LPCS changing thing. However I didn't know that it included the Portuguese special chars as well!! I am verry happy that I have helped you on accomplishing your project!!! ;) Keep up

@gkagg (and possibly others)

Did you flash the file to a phone? Now, I know the translation itself didn't work, but was it just that, I mean did the phone otherwise work and pick up a signal?

I will flash it now and I will be back later on tonight to post my comments!!! CU...

Nanda
20-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks!

Please flash the latest version...

gkagg
20-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Dear Nanda I am pleased to inform you that the flash you have made can successfully be flashed into your 3330(50) as it can be in mine!!! YES IT WORKS!!! However you have to kill MCU check and FAID (with G3n0lite or any other program you like) because it restarts every 20-30 secs as well as it has no signal. As for the Portuguese language Layout... EXCELLENT!! All the special chars are displayed now correctly and there are not any truncations. T9 dictionary also works very well!!!! The only thing that is left to do now is to add/remove languages you do not want and some linguistic final ammends (which can be done only by you because I do not know Brazilian :rolleyes: :( )

Keep up!!

Boa noite!!!

Nanda
20-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi gkagg,

thanks! I'm very happy it works! Now I have to wait for the new LCD to arrive and flash it to my own phone...

I have already made a new flash where I removed VIET and CHNS (Vietnamese and Chinese Simplified).

Now, I'd like to know if it's possible to remove unwanted T9 dictionaries as well... So that my final PPM version only had ENGLISH and PORTUGUÊS with T9... Maybe then I can call it 3350 v5.22 language pack N (for Nanda or Nokiafree, what do you reckon? ;) ).

Another thing I'd like to know is how to join eeprom to my flash so I can have a fullflash. I got a 3350 virgin eeprom (you can download it BELOW) but I have no idea what to do with it.

About the linguistic corrections, I made them while translating the text. Portuguese is nearly always the same both in Portugal and over here, apart from some minor spelling differences ("activar" instead of "ativar" for activate, etc).

@Everyone

Many thanks for your help! But I'll keep working to sort out those last few bugs and to remove the leftover bits (like unwanted T9 if possible?).

:cool: Oh, and keep checking my page (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos/) 'cos I'll keep expanding it into a true Nokia support site with more flashes, proggies etc., and of course the knowledge I get from you!

Cheers,

Al
21-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Lateset LDB (AOL (C) 2002, originally ripped from 3310 v5.79) & AORD (also from 3310 v5.79 ;) ) chunks with English & Portuguese only, ready for injection :)

Nanda
21-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks Al!

Will try your files right away!

PS Please check your PMs.

Nanda
21-02-2003, 12:38 AM
@Al

Won't it matter that the chunks are from a 3310?

I only ask because the special character tables for the 3350 are similar to the ones in 3330, and I don't know about the 3310.

Thanks!

Al
21-02-2003, 12:51 AM
.....and new TEXT chunk ( original one still has bugs )

Nanda
21-02-2003, 02:57 AM
OK, I have just updated the site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos/) with the latest version of the flash.

Changes:

- Minor grammatical corrections in text - also corrected some mssipells ;)

- Replaced AORD and LDB chunks with those provided by Al. They contain T9 dictionary for English and Portuguese only.

- Naturally, corrected all CRCs after that.

For those who are testing the file in their phones, please download this latest version and see if it works!

Many thanks everyone (and especially Al :D for the latest updates).

Cheers,

gkagg
21-02-2003, 08:05 AM

Now, I'd like to know if it's possible to remove unwanted T9 dictionaries as well... So that my final PPM version only had ENGLISH and PORTUGUÊS with T9... Maybe then I can call it 3350 v5.22 language pack N (for Nanda or Nokiafree, what do you reckon? ;) ).

Another thing I'd like to know is how to join eeprom to my flash so I can have a fullflash. I got a 3350 virgin eeprom (you can download it BELOW) but I have no idea what to do with it.

About the linguistic corrections, I made them while translating the text. Portuguese is nearly always the same both in Portugal and over here, apart from some minor spelling differences ("activar" instead of "ativar" for activate, etc).

Yes you can remove any unwanted T9 dictionaries by using Hex Workshop on the LDB chunk if you know how to use it.In case you don't I am eager to do it for you or to teach you how to do it.

Now as for the eeprom and full backup thing...

Flashing a 3330 into 3350 only requires flashing the full flash(MCU+PPM). However if you want you can flash a 3350's virgin eeprom as well. The procedure is the following.
¤First of all take a full backup of your 3330 with rolis 4.78 (or any other flasher you choose)
¤Then chose from the phone type dropdown menu the 3350
¤Flash your modified flash to the phone from 200000 to 530000. (do not forget to kill MCU chk and FAID chk!!)
¤Flash the Eeprom+PPM file to your phone from 530000 to 600000.
¤Then using the MBUS cable launch rolis tool 1.8 (or any similar) and Clear sp locks , change IMEI with your phone's one and restore full factory settings. Now you may have a fully working 3350!!

Now if you want to make a full 3350 backup use rolis again and select "read default flash size"

Later on today I will test the newest file of yours and post the results (cause now I am at work)
:( :confused:

CU...

Nanda
21-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks gkagg. I'm at work too right now but later on I'll have time to work on the files if you find anything wrong.

Yesterday I tried to kill MCU and FAID chks with g3nolite v1.7 but couldn't do it (or didn't know how to do it).

Can anyone explain or maybe recommend another prog.?

Thanks and please check the latest flash, I think it works... ;)

When I finish this one and make sure it works I'll try to make a pack C 3350 (English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Greek). Will also publish in my site a tutorial on how to translate the 3350 to your own language so I can share the knowledge we got from ths thread... Thanks!

thanasis
21-02-2003, 02:38 PM
to kill faid and mcu you can use joox chkkiler

thanasis
21-02-2003, 02:54 PM
here it is

gkagg
21-02-2003, 03:16 PM

When I finish this one and make sure it works I'll try to make a pack C 3350 (English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Greek). Will also publish in my site a tutorial on how to translate the 3350 to your own language so I can share the knowledge we got from ths thread... Thanks! [/B]

I have already made a pack for 3350 which contains the languages you stated before. That's why I wanted your help on finishing the translation of Portuguese Language :) ;) (Only Spanish is left and the translation is over!!). However adding the Greek language in both phone's menu and T9 dictionary is a little bit difficult and tricky (due to some specificities of the language) and requires some patching techniques (especially for making Greek T9 work with 3350). There is also a problem with the font chunk as the original 3350 FONT chunk does not contain the characters of the greek alphabet. By changing the chunk with a corresponding one from either 3330 or 3410 does not work as well because the order of the fonts is different. I will share all my knowledge with you (about translating 3350 into Greek) as soon as you start making your own Pack C...

CU...

PS: For killing MCU Chk and FAID chk try to use either the proggy that thanasis atached or g3n0lite 1.6...

Nanda
21-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi,

I've updated the site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos) with the latest flash, please download and test it! Flash updates:

- Kill MCU and FAID checks using chkkiller (thanks thanasis :) )
- 2 Portuguese menu entry corrections

I think we're very close to the final version now, so I need your feedback on wether the file works in the phone.

The file available for download now is supposed to have English and Portuguese T9, and menu text in English, Chinese (both Simplfied and Traditional), Portuguese and Vietnamese.

Please flash it to your phones and leave your impressions here.

Many thanks! :D

gkagg
22-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Goodmorning Nanda!

I am pleased to inform you that the flash file works great!!!

You only forgot one little thingy. When killing MCU and FAID you have to correct PPM crc's with PPM Manager otherwise you will get a "CS"
That's for now. Keep up and I will be here to help if you face any problem!

CU...

Nanda
22-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi,

@gkagg

Thanks for testing! It's great to hear that the file works. :D

@Everyone

Site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos/) has been updated with latest flash. Changes:

- PPM CRCs corrected in ppmManager

For people who are interested in fully converting their 3330s to 3350s and would like original 3350 keypads and covers there are two internet shops I can recommend:

http://www.mjkonline.net (only place in the whole internet where I could find an original 3350 keypad. Look under "Nokia Keypads". It's in the UK and it's also got 3350 original covers)

or

http://www.super038sg.com (for cheaper covers. They don't carry original keypads though, only an aftermarket "crystal" one. In Singapore).

They're both great sellers and will ship items fast. The guy in Singapore doesn't charge extra for shipping, it's included in his prices.

Hope this helps,

thanasis
22-02-2003, 06:00 PM
to convert 3330 to 3350 exept the lcd what do i need mcu+ppm ? or the fullflash of a 3350??

gkagg
22-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by thanasis
to convert 3330 to 3350 exept the lcd what do i need mcu+ppm ? or the fullflash of a 3350??

Just MCU+PPM...

thanasis
23-02-2003, 07:18 AM
what about eeprom ? is it the same as 3350???

gkagg
23-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by thanasis
what about eeprom ? is it the same as 3350???

No there are some differences (picture messages and animated screen savers e.t.c) If you want a full conversion to 3350 you may flash an eeprom too. I think it is better cause the 3350 graphics are nicer than the 3330 ones! if you decide to do so flash from 530000 to 600000...

CU...

Nanda
23-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Can we use the EEPROM posted above?

gkagg
23-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Can we use the EEPROM posted above?

Hey Nanda!

Use this instead. It is tested and fully functional.

Flash from 530000 to 600000 after having flashed the full flash (MCU+PPM) to the phone.

Then connect your mbus to your phone and launch either Rolis nokiatool 1.8 or any other similar proggy you like.

Update faid, clear SP locks and change the IMEI with the one your phone has.

Last, restore full factory settings and you are all done!!!\

CU...

gkagg
23-02-2003, 09:30 PM
@Nanda and to anyone who is interested in identifying the ringtones of 3350
here is the complete list of the identified 3350 ringtones:

Type1= Ring ring
Type2= Low
Type3= Mosquito
Type4= Bee
Type5= City bird
Type6= Kick
Type7= Playground
Type8= Improvisation
Type9= Rocket
Type10= Nokia tune
Type11= Persuasion
Type12= Lamb
Type13= Alamuhan
Type14= Moon & clouds
Type15= 12 months
Type16= Running horse
Type17= Jingle bells
Type18= Sare Jahan Se Achchha
Type19= Hurdy-gurdy 2
Type20= Groovy Blue
Type21= The buffoon
Type22= Indifference
Type23= Barn dance
Type24= Mangrove
Type25= Knick-knack
Type26= Get cool
Type27= Attraction
Type28= Fool about
Type29= Tap dance
Type30= Funfair
Type31= Carioca
Type32= Tingle
Type33= Private eye
Type34= Groovy
Type35= Jester
Type36= Auld lang sune

CU...

Finn
23-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Does the t9 works? if not i ll make it for you

Al
23-02-2003, 11:37 PM
@Finn
Yes, it works ;)

ema2000
23-02-2003, 11:53 PM
hi guyz can u tell me about possibilty of injecting arabic t9 into 3350 flash file about changing or adding arabic fonts and ldb and .... what else
hmmm :rolleyes: i'am not good in thease stuff but i can learn
waiting for replay

Al
23-02-2003, 11:59 PM
@ema2000
Soon I release programm that can Import/Export/Add/Delete chunks & subchunks from PPM, so you can construct your own PPM :)

ema2000
24-02-2003, 12:12 AM
@AL
thanks man for answering
and i'am waiting your program
you r realy good helper

Nanda
24-02-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey Al you changed your photo! :)

We're all waiting for the self-service PPM proggy, it'll be fun!

Thanks,

ema2000
25-02-2003, 03:32 PM
how to change the LANG ID to language's corresponding ID using hex workshop what file shoud i edit is LPCS.fls or TEXT.fls

gkagg
25-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ema2000
how to change the LANG ID to language's corresponding ID using hex workshop what file shoud i edit is LPCS.fls or TEXT.fls

Hi!

You have to edit the text chunk with Hex workshop and search for the corresponding ID for the language you want. For example If you have translated a language into yours and you want to change the lang ID to match yours, you have to do the following:

open the text chunck with Hex editor and search for the LANG ID string (in hex).(e.g the languageID for my language Greek is 11 --> 000B in hex for German is 2-->0002 in hex e.t.c) and change it with the hex string that corresponds to the language you want.
Save the chunk and exit...
That's all

PS: Do not forget to update checksums when you assemble the file again with PPM Manager!!

CU...

ema2000
25-02-2003, 03:56 PM
ok can't find it when i search serach with text strings or hex values
sorry for this stupid qeustion :rolleyes:
another question how do i delete t9 from ldb and insert another
thanks again u r realy greatful

gkagg
25-02-2003, 04:37 PM
ok can't find it when i search serach with text strings or hex values
sorry for this stupid qeustion :rolleyes:
another question how do i delete t9 from ldb and insert another
thanks again u r realy greatful

Search with hex values and search for the corresponding language ID in hex. As for the T9 check for more info here (http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2719&highlight=dictionary) or here (http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12425&highlight=how+to+chunk)

cheers!

ema2000
25-02-2003, 04:57 PM
OK HERE WHAT I WANT I WANT
CHANGING LANG NO ( 23 ) LANG NAME ( CHINT )
TO LANG NO ( 16 ) LANG NAME ( ARAB )

gkagg
25-02-2003, 09:51 PM
OK HERE WHAT I WANT I WANT
CHANGING LANG NO ( 23 ) LANG NAME ( CHINT )
TO LANG NO ( 16 ) LANG NAME ( ARAB )

OK ! Open the text subchunk with Hex Workshop, search for hex string 0017 which in decimal is 23 and change it with 0010 which matches your language Arab=ID 16. Save the chunk (create backup) and exit. One question. Have you already translated 3350 into Arabian? Can you post the translated TEXT chunk? It would be fun for me to study it (no matter I have no idea of Arabian!!!)

Greetz...

ema2000
26-02-2003, 01:02 PM
ok here it is
but it is not finished i've translated about 92 % into arabic
it works ok the phone reads arabic char but there's unfinshied
menus
when i have flashed the phone the main menu font is
??????? but other menus are ok
now
i want to rip font that can match my lang pack
and ldb should i rip it from 3330 (5.06f)or 3410 (5.06j)
i would be so nice from u if going to help me finshing this translating
so the mobile can read and write arabic

another i 've flashed my 3330 to 3350 with mcu , ppm and the phone is working 100 % tons , message , and all options are ok
i did't send 3350 eeprom to the phone should i send eeprom or leave it :)
thanks

gkagg
26-02-2003, 01:14 PM
ok here it is
but it is not finished i've translated about 92 % into arabic

but there's problem now
i want to rip font that can match my lang pack
and ldb should i rip it from 3330 (5.06f)or 3410 (5.06j)
i would be so nice from u if going to help me finshing this translating
so the mobile can read and write arabic

another i 've flashed my 3330 to 3350 with mcu , ppm and the phone is working 100 % tons , message , and all options are ok
i did't send 3350 eeprom to the phone should i send eeprom or leave it :)
thanks

Ok ema2000... I will try to do my best. CU round!!!

Nanda
26-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Hi!

To change language ID in TEXT chunk there was no need to open it in Hex Workshop.

Just use ppmManager to 'Export as two text files' the TEXT chunk. It'll produce two files, one .txt and one .cpt

Open the .cpt file in Notepad (yes, Windows' notepad) and change language ID there (it's just a list of languages and the places they start). Done!

Hope this helps,

ema2000
26-02-2003, 01:21 PM
ok thanks nanda and gkagg for your co-operation :)

gkagg
26-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi!

To change language ID in TEXT chunk there was no need to open it in Hex Workshop.

Just use ppmManager to 'Export as two text files' the TEXT chunk. It'll produce two files, one .txt and one .cpt

Open the .cpt file in Notepad (yes, Windows' notepad) and change language ID there (it's just a list of languages and the places they start). Done!

Hope this helps,

Yup!!! Easier way than the one I proposed before!! I forgot it ;)

Cheers!!

ema2000
26-02-2003, 02:10 PM
menus

i did't send 3350 eeprom to the phone should i send eeprom or leave it
thanks

now removing chinees font and replacing it with 3410 font from
(3410 version 5.06J) but 3350 font sets differs from 3410 font sets do what with that

gkagg
26-02-2003, 02:17 PM
menus

i did't send 3350 eeprom to the phone should i send eeprom or leave it
thanks

now removing chinees font and replacing it with 3410 font from
(3410 version 5.06J) but 3350 font sets differs from 3410 font sets do what with that

Yes I know all that stuff. i will inform you later. Let me study it a little more...

gkagg
26-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Dear ema2000 I have made a 3350 flash file and combined the text chunk you posted earlier. The flash contains Arabic and English languages and Arabic, English and Hebrew T9. I also used the font chunk from 3410 but the menus are not shown correctly (they appear as ?? as you earlier said). There is no solution up to date to the font problem but soon there will be one...

PS: post your E-mail to send it to you...

CU...

ema2000
27-02-2003, 01:04 AM
ok gkagg here is my e mail

[email protected]
and this is the last final text chunk i have translated

thanks for your help and please if there's any news about the fonts please tell me

gkagg
27-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Try to empty your inbox from your mailbox. I cannot send you the file...

Nanda
28-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Hi!

Latest site update includes the following changes in flash file:

- Menu text corrections: change in character keypress sequence to match original Portuguese sequence from 3330/3410.

- ZIP file name change (from 3350_522_PORT1 to 3350_522_BRA). Flash file name remains unchanged.

That's it, please test the file and keep sending your feedback!

Many thanks,

ema2000
28-02-2003, 01:48 PM
HI GUYZ
I'VE A PROBLEM WHEN WRITING MESSAGE AND PRESSING # T9 DOES NOT CHANGE IT GIVES ME ==ABC DOESN'T CHANGE

HERE IS THE FILE SO U CAN TEST IT

http://mazagangy.wz.cz/3350_522_arab.zip

PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE FILE THAT gkagg MAKE IT FOR ME
I'AM WAITING FOR U gkagg :)

gkagg
28-02-2003, 02:22 PM
HI GUYZ
I'VE A PROBLEM WHEN WRITING MESSAGE AND PRESSING # T9 DOES NOT CHANGE IT GIVES ME ==ABC DOESN'T CHANGE

HERE IS THE FILE SO U CAN TEST IT

http://mazagangy.wz.cz/3350_522_arab.zip

PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE FILE THAT gkagg MAKE IT FOR ME
I'AM WAITING FOR U gkagg :)

Hi ,

you have to push it twice and quickly. Did you do it this way?

ema2000
28-02-2003, 03:54 PM
hi guyz anyone tested the file yet
plz give comments about it

gkagg
28-02-2003, 05:17 PM
hi guyz anyone tested the file yet
plz give comments about it

I tested it and it works fine! There is not such problem with my phone. Try to flash a virgin eeprom+ppm of 3350 in case this causes this problem..

Cheers!

ema2000
01-03-2003, 02:23 AM
yes i know t9 is ok i've selected arabic t9 from dictionary

but the problem when i press # so i can write freely
i meen
== abc ---> abc
only it changed to english t9
tried that:rolleyes:

pinto
05-03-2003, 12:00 PM
In your flash,when I write a message,when I want to put the "." by pressing "1" it insert a blank square,and if I sent the message in the other phone apears "?" instead of the blank square.Qhaut can I do?Please help me.If you want I will send you flash because I made some modifications.

Al
05-03-2003, 12:14 PM
@pinto
send it here [email protected], maybe I can help you ;)

gkagg
05-03-2003, 12:35 PM
The problem you are encountering occurs if you use T9 dictionaries (LDB) in your 3350 made from AOL (the newest ones included in 3410 5210 and 3310 5.79). If you use the old ones (3330 etc) made by Tegic you should not have this problem.

I am not aware of any solution to this problem so far...

Al
05-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Very strange......how it can depends from T9???....

@pinto
If the same occurs with disabled dictionary, it can't be T9. If you want to add T9 you can use PPMMaker ;)

pinto
05-03-2003, 01:04 PM
This dont happen when I dont use the T9 dictionary.

gkagg
05-03-2003, 01:11 PM
It only occurs while using T9 dictionary. When you disable it the "." (full stop) appears normally. I have faced this problem in the past and I was forced to change the T9 and use 3330's in my 3350 instead...

Cheers!!

pinto
05-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Right now I put the T9 dictionary from a 3310 4.18 and I could even cant write the message.
Could you please help me?I send you the flash.
If you say yes, put you e-mail

gkagg
05-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Try to use the T9 from 3330 v. 4.50...

CU...

pinto
05-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I will try right now.....

Al
05-03-2003, 01:27 PM
@gkagg
Is this problem appears on any language or only Portugues? (just interesting :))

I think T9 in 3310 & 3330 are the same ;) (Tegic in old ones)

gkagg
05-03-2003, 01:27 PM
If you continue facing the problem send the flash file to [email protected]

pinto
05-03-2003, 01:34 PM
It works with the 3330 4.50 T9 dictionary,I use PPMmaker,by Al :)
Thanks to you, you are great guys.

gkagg
05-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Al
@gkagg
Is this problem appears on any language or only Portugues? (just interesting :))

I think T9 in 3310 & 3330 are the same ;) (Tegic in old ones)

It appears in all languages which's T9 is made by AOL...

Yes 3330 and old 3310 (before v. 5.79) are the same (made by Tegic)

Al
05-03-2003, 01:50 PM
@gkagg
I think that problem can be fixed, coz 3310 don't have such bug ;)
PS Tegic's T9 is uncesored for Russian language instead of AOL :D

PS
@pinto
As we say in Russia 'thanx' doesn't rustle (mean money) or gurgle (mean drink) :D
(just kidding ;))

gkagg
05-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Al
@gkagg
I think that problem can be fixed, coz 3310 don't have such bug ;)
PS Tegic's T9 is uncesored for Russian language instead of AOL :D

PS
@pinto
As we say in Russia 'thanx' doesn't rustle (mean money) or gurgle (mean drink) :D
(just kidding ;))

I think that taking the T9 from 3310 v 5.79 and injecting it into 3350 does have that bug. I have tested it in my flash and I received the same error while trying to write SMS with Greek (or any other) T9 dictionary enabled.

I tried LDB's from 3310 5.79 and 3410 4.09 4.26 and 5.06...

CU...

Al
05-03-2003, 02:05 PM
@gkagg
AOL T9 in all that phones are the same. I think problem not in LDB it's perhaps somewhere in TEXT chunk ;)

gkagg
05-03-2003, 02:52 PM
As far as I know Text chunk has nothing to do with LDB. They are two completely irrellevant chunks. Anyway if anything would be found I would like to be informed!!

CU...

Al
05-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by gkagg
As far as I know Text chunk has nothing to do with LDB. They are two completely irrellevant chunks. Anyway if anything would be found I would like to be informed!!

CU...
...except keys sequences ;) (or you think that I don't understand difference between TEXT & LDB?)

gkagg
05-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Of course and I know that you are aware of the differences!!!!:) ;) To my knowledge though whichever the keymap sequence is, the "." character is located at "1" key... (regardless of which is the Nokia phone we speak for...)

Nanda
14-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I finally got the 3410 screen I needed to test my flash. So of course I tried it and sorted out a LOT of bugs it still had. Now it's pretty usable, though I still need Portuguese speakers to report any language implementation errors that might still be in the flash.

I'm particularly concerned with line breaks (quebras de linhas) in some menu texts and large-font phone messages (those that are displayed after an option is activated). Site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos/) has been updated with this latest flash. Do please report your findings as you use the phone.

Now, the main changes:

- AORD and LDB chunks fixed (not 3315-based anymore)

- Chinese date/time display bug fixed

- Chinese SMS character counter bug fixed

- Malaysian text kept alongside Portuguese

- Simplified Chinese T9 kept in flash

- MANY Portuguese text corrections (mostly abbreviations & line breaks)

- Ringing tone names corrected (messed up or missing in previous versions).

That's it. The file is now perfectly usable in any of the available languages, I'm using it in Portuguese and I'm very satisfied with it (so far...).

Please keep your feedback coming. Many thanks,

gkagg
14-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Dear nanda Hi,

I just wanted to know if when you try to write an SMS with T9 dic. enabled and press key "1" to write a full stop "." you receive a square instead... It happens on my flash when using T9's made from AOL in year 2002... Whith old tegic dics I do not face any problem...

THX

Al
14-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Sometime I'll try to make 3350 from my 3310 (coz it have 3350 PCB!) :), my friend works at phones service, so need to ask him to change flash IC (they have ALL necessary equipment for this operation)

...btw if somebody still don't know:
You can knew is your 3310/30 has 3350 PCB (with extra buttons) without opening it! For this you just need to use NFader, if LEDs can be controlled separately - your phone have 3350 PCB :)

@gkagg
She's already knows that (LDB chunk with Tegic dictionaries), thanx for concern :). Also changing LPCS chunk isn't necessary now ;), you can just save text in pure unicode (or UTF-8 ) format in flash using PPMMaker. I think, we can use compressed text in ANY phone, for now just need to test it, if it so, soon I'll add this feature to PPMMaker :)

Nanda
14-03-2003, 02:48 PM
@gkagg

Thanks for your input gkagg, but I've been reading the thread throughout and already knew about the AOL T9 problem.

The file now available for download was cheked for that. T9 now works perfeclty. Other bugs I'd found were also sorted, please read the bugfix listing above.

Please check the file from the site (http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/fernandacastrosantos), it's a fullflash ready for sending to phone. Just download and flash!

@Al

PPMMaker is great, I've been using it instead of FLSEdit (the 'Maker is much more versatile).

Soon I'll post just the PPMs with Portuguese available with T9 in all 3350 language packs.

Thanks,

Al
14-03-2003, 04:16 PM
@Nanda
1st reason of starting developing PPMMaker was your project, this one;
(I'm tired to hear, that people try to modify PPM structure manually)
2nd - text editing in 62x0 & 7110;

so........ thanx to you :)

...maybe...someday I'll made Russian pack for 3350 :) ..... but I think that I'm too lazy :(

gkagg
15-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Al

...maybe...someday I'll made Russian pack for 3350 :) ..... but I think that I'm too lazy :(

Hey Al don't be so lazy!!!:) ;) I will put you out of your laziness (kidding!!):p I have translated (or better tried to translate) the 3350 in Russian Ukranian and Bulgarian. The Russian Lang is about 95% translated... The other 2 languages have more work... I would be oblidged to you if you could help me on finishing the translation... Below I attach the text chunk...

C ya... and THX

Al
15-03-2003, 09:44 AM
@gkagg
I've got it ;)
btw you already know how to add Cyrillic font there ;)
PS you know Russian ???

gkagg
15-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Al
@gkagg
I've got it ;)
btw you already know how to add Cyrillic font there ;)
PS you know Russian ???

No Al I do not speak Russian, although I wanted to very much. ;) I used INOCULATE under windows XP, which have native unicode support, and used TEXT CHUNKS from 3310,3330,3410 and 5210 As you can imagine some entries left unstranslated because I could not find the corresponding chunk entries in the phones I mentioned above.As for the flash file I tested it and it works gr8. Russian T9 works gr8 also!

C ya!!

PS The only problem is that original 3350 font chunk does not have support for Cyrrilic fonts and I used 3410's instead, that's why the Menu names are displayed as ??

Nanda
16-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Here are a couple of pics of my new 3350. Made from a busted 3330 bought cheap! All thanks to NFREE...

:D

Note menu text in Portuguese!!!

Cheers,

Al
16-03-2003, 09:20 AM
@gkagg
INOCULATE DOESN'T SUPPORT Unicode natively (see this (http://uniquephones.com/nf/2.jpg) ), at last for me (I also use WinXP), also UTF-8 coding not supported :( PPMMaker uses the same routines for unicode translations as INOCULATE, but with little corrections (routines are stupid). PPMMaker will save text in txt file in unicode format so you can easily edit it with for ex. WordPad (open as txt in unicode) in native language, and sorry, for now I can't see any alternative of PPMMaker for text editing. In other proggies unicode not supported correctly. NFE can work with Unicode absolutely properly, but only for viewing :(, if I understand how to include native unicode support in PPMMaker (sorry, I'm not a Windows programmer), I surely do this.
About fonts: I try to make some experiments with my 3310 (try to insert fonts from 3410 :))

@Nanda
Pretty one :) I also want such phone!.... but for now I have only this (http://uniquephones.com/nf/foto/IMG_0034.jpg) :(
(Finally got my DigiCam back:))

PS results of my last experiments: text compression not supported in 3310 :(

gkagg
16-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Al
[B]@gkagg
INOCULATE DOESN'T SUPPORT Unicode natively (see this (http://uniquephones.com/nf/2.jpg) ), at last for me (I also use WinXP), also UTF-8 coding not supported :( PPMMaker uses the same routines for unicode translations as INOCULATE, but with little corrections (routines are stupid). PPMMaker will save text in txt file in unicode format so you can easily edit it with for ex. WordPad (open as txt in unicode) in native language, and sorry, for now I can't see any alternative of PPMMaker for text editing. In other proggies unicode not supported correctly. NFE can work with Unicode absolutely properly, but only for viewing :(, if I understand how to include native unicode support in PPMMaker (sorry, I'm not a Windows programmer), I surely do this.
About fonts: I try to make some experiments with my 3310 (try to insert fonts from 3410 :))

Hey Al try this one... It is INOCULATE only for win 2000/xp which supports natively the UNICODE standard for many languages such as Russian Greek Arabian Chinese etc...

Give it a try...

Cheers!

Al
16-03-2003, 10:24 PM
@gkagg
Thanx for this!
But I like PPMMaker more for text editing, it can save unicode text in ANY Windows and edit it more easily with WordPad ;)

gkagg
16-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Ok! How about the russian text chunk I posted? Have you finished the translation?

Good night!

Al
16-03-2003, 10:49 PM
@gkagg
Not for now maybe later. I haven't time (or too lazy :D). I also can add native Unicode support to PPMMaker for NT, but in this case it will work only under NT - it's not the wayout :(

gkagg
17-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Al
... I also can add native Unicode support to PPMMaker for NT, but in this case it will work only under NT - it's not the wayout :(

The decision is completely up to you, but alternatively you can make 2 versions of PPMMaker one optimized for Win9x (the current one..) and one optimized for WIN32 (NT, 2K, XP) with native unicode support... But as I stated above the decision is up to you. I made just a proposal!!!

C ya ...

Al
17-03-2003, 08:16 AM
@gkagg
hehehe........ Win9x also Win32 ;) Ok I'll try :)

tha_noname
03-07-2003, 09:35 PM
hey gkagg!

great translated packages but as i was scrolling through this post i saw that the square that appears on the "1" button only comes up with T9 activated.. Thats right but the problem is in the translated ppm package as i´ve tried with a clean 5.30 flash and then the dots "." appeared as it should with T9..

Cheers!

hdbs007
13-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Hey Al you changed your photo! :)

We're all waiting for the self-service PPM proggy, it'll be fun!

Thanks,
Hello.I am a portuguese boy :smile: with a big problem that I think you can help me since you seem to be a very clever girl in nokia modding.
I change my nokia flash to a nokia fls modding but now I have a problem.
The lenguage of the flash is all in inglish but I want to put in portuguese linguage.how can I change the ppm part to portuguese.
I already try to use a program names FLSEdit to edit my original fls file and separete the ppm file and the mcu of my original flash, to combine the ppm file with my new mcu flash.
I dont know If I can do this ? :-?
Can I ?
help me with some ideas to this
thanks for your time
Hugo Daniel Santos

Xanga
09-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey this is very interesting discussion. i live in E. Africa and would like to translate some of the main languages here eg Kiswahili (18 million speakers)
Would you be kind enough to give a tutorial on how to start what I need etc??
I would really appreciate

Hi!

Latest site update includes the following changes in flash file:

- Menu text corrections: change in character keypress sequence to match original Portuguese sequence from 3330/3410.

- ZIP file name change (from 3350_522_PORT1 to 3350_522_BRA). Flash file name remains unchanged.

That's it, please test the file and keep sending your feedback!

Many thanks,

hdbs007
09-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Hello
I can help you with somethings about how to change the language pack.This mean I can change the fls file to change the lenguage that U want.I will need a program name's PPMedit, it is very easy to use, :smile:
I dont have tutorial for this but If is this what U want to do, I can tell U every think I know until now that I descover this by myselve and some hours in WEB.
In what phone U are thinking changing that?

Xanga
10-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanx mon. I have already downloaded PPM edit. I wanted to work on 3310/3315/3330 and 8210/8250. I would really appreciate a tutorial and your expert advise

regards

hdbs007
10-02-2004, 07:21 PM
OK I will make a tuturial but now I am Without of time for that.I will teel U somethings about nokiã tunning that U need to start3
A sugest U a nokia 3310 since is more easly to make the tunning to the flash.Its also possible to tunning a nokia 3330 but it will became without wap , and it will lose the memory to save some numbers on the phone.Also nokia 3330 have a bigger flash than a nokia 3310 so to fix this problem ,when I will flash the fls file to the 3330 U have to flash it 2 times in diferent adress.
This is judt to full the flash, since if U only put a 1flash then the phone it will not power on .
I sugest U to download the HEXWORKSHOP
It s a hex editor very usefuul to change some part in the fls file.
Hoo U also need a flasher cable and a program like rolis...
If U dont have U can make one it is very easy , I have the shematic If U want..

Xanga
11-02-2004, 01:51 PM
OK I will make a tuturial but now I am Without of time for that.I will teel U somethings about nokiã tunning that U need to start3
A sugest U a nokia 3310 since is more easly to make the tunning to the flash.Its also possible to tunning a nokia 3330 but it will became without wap , and it will lose the memory to save some numbers on the phone.Also nokia 3330 have a bigger flash than a nokia 3310 so to fix this problem ,when I will flash the fls file to the 3330 U have to flash it 2 times in diferent adress.
This is judt to full the flash, since if U only put a 1flash then the phone it will not power on .
I sugest U to download the HEXWORKSHOP
It s a hex editor very usefuul to change some part in the fls file.
Hoo U also need a flasher cable and a program like rolis...
If U dont have U can make one it is very easy , I have the shematic If U want..
Thanx. I now have hexworkshop downloaded.Plse give the schemes for flasher cables(Different from Data cables?)

hdbs007
11-02-2004, 10:51 PM
OK I will attach the shematic below.
Answering your kestion did cable is diferent than a normal datacable(Mbus,Fbus).
This cable is conect to LPT port (paralel port) :) and it only is use to put a software to nokia phone (all dct-3).U can also backup the soft of any phone with it.Download the rolis , for me is the best flasher(win 98 and also XP).
Then its easy....
If U have some kestion about the circuit just ask ok?

Xanga
14-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I found some cables @ dejanflasher.com <1nok.com> are they good for this??Also I made mistake Hexmanager with hexworkshop!! Please post link for Hexworkshop or mail me soft If U have it..
So where do we go from here?

Regards

hdbs007
16-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Hello
Yes U can use that cable.
Here is the link were U can download the hex work shop
http://download.com.com/3000-2352-10257605.html?tag=lst-0-1

Xanga
17-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Hello
Yes U can use that cable.
Here is the link were U can download the hex work shop
http://download.com.com/3000-2352-10257605.html?tag=lst-0-1
Thanx for all. I now have the hexworkshop and flasher cables. What is next?

hdbs007
20-02-2004, 01:11 PM
hello sory 4 just reply now I'm to busy :lol:
Now U need a flasher program.Download de Nokia DCt flasher by rolis4.77
then conect your phone to the cable and read is software and keep always a back up !!!!
then U can use another program to change parts is flash.
download the ppmedit to

Xanga
21-02-2004, 07:15 PM
hello sory 4 just reply now I'm to busy :lol:
Now U need a flasher program.Download de Nokia DCt flasher by rolis4.77
then conect your phone to the cable and read is software and keep always a back up !!!!
then U can use another program to change parts is flash.
download the ppmedit to
Thanx for your time hdbs007. I have downloaded Rolis 4.77

Xanga
03-03-2004, 08:26 AM
hey Guys. I am really interested in changing langs for phones but cannot seem to make any headway on how to start. I have downloaded all the soft that is required but how to start?? And while we are at it is it possible to compose my own T9 dict??
Someone plse help :-?

Xanga
06-04-2004, 08:18 AM
I dont know whether this thread is closed or not due to lack of activity. You guys promised a tutorial on translating langs remember??
Anyway I have finished translatig my language (Kiswahili ) from an 8210 flash but I have one major prob. The Lang ID. If i export 2 files from PPM Manager I get on .txt and one .pck file. I translated the txt file but the other pck reads:

51 COMM 0
1 ENGL 8000000
2 PORT 8000000
So what is the lang ID for portuguese?? is it 2 (???)

My prob is how to get and change the Lang ID for a language that has NEVER been translated into a Nokia phone??
Also How do I remove unwanted langauges form the PPM? by deleting the entire lang that I dont want??
Experts please help!!

Regards