PDA

View Full Version : Extracting KI & IMSI

Blootoon
19-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the IMSI & KI from the phone that the sim card is in itself??

The phone must be able to get the KI and IMSI to send to the network to log on so, somewhere, in the phone's memory is the KI & IMSI. Can't you use pc locals or something to retrieve it from the memory?

Or couldn't some of the folk that is into modifying the phone's firmware be able to add a new menu that shows the imsi and ki??

Just a thought...

Manipulator
20-02-2003, 06:19 AM
hey,that's a good idea.
:rolleyes: :p :grin:
if it is really can be done.

SirGraham
20-02-2003, 09:32 AM
hi Blootoon,

Sorry but the KI donīt send to BTS (operator)....

The Ki is a Key intern of SIM. With this key the sim makes a opertation HASH to obtain a result SRes, this number send to BTS.

If you have the SRes you can not obtain the Ki. This is the level of security of SIM.

The Phone is a simple "terminal" all operations of authentication are into the SIM and the phone donīt know about this.

see documentation GSM 11.11 and How the GSM networks works and you can check your idea is wrong.

I put into XSim (my program to clone) the possibility do use some model of phones like a programer (phoenix), but you need a PC to make the search....

Best regards,
Sir Graham.