PDA

View Full Version : Can i use infra to flash my phone?

weiandy
28-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Can i use infra red port to flash my phone instead or FBUS/M?

weiandy
28-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Whats the dif btw fbus and mbus cables? I am a newbie!!!

Pls enlighten me.

enzo
03-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Hi!
No, you can't flash a phone with IrDA.
Why? The same effect if you open a excel file and wanna erase it while it's opened in excel. You can't, the same like MBUS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem:
1. The phone is reading from the flash ic when it's on, so the bootloader loads the os on the chip.

2. IrDA and MBUS/FBUS are interpreting AT commands, they are known by the phone and can transfer data, that is interpreted by the CPU.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know exactly how a flashing process is done, but I think that the flasherprogram waits till a command is been send by the phone over the flashercable, It's the flashloader (maybe bootloader). Then the prog sends a write command defines the startaddr. and sends the data.

So, you must have a Flashercable.

Hope this could help you.

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo]

PS: PLease post if I wrote something wrong. thanks. [enzo]

weiandy
03-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks.

Can someone tell me what can infra do, apart from, logos, ringtones etc?

pico
03-03-2003, 05:25 PM
when mbus line on phone is held high at power up, flash mode is initialised straight away. m bus line is then used as programming clock, whilst f bus Tx/Rx are used for data transfer.

whats diff between f and m bus?
m bus cables have one wire for data transfer, ie all data is sent/received on one wire.
f bus cables have one wire for transmit data and a seperate wire to receive data. thats why f bus is slightly faster :)

infrared is really nothing more that what you say. however you can transfer stuff between phones such as phone numbers, caller group logos..