PDA

View Full Version : Blue leds why isnt the screen blue like the keypad

exuptoy
02-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi all
Just wondering does ne1 know y the screen of the fone isnt as blue as the keypad, looks more like a violet/pink than ice blue and I even resoldered the screen 1's facing up to c if there was a difference.

Furgo
02-03-2003, 10:26 PM
The reason for this is the reflective film at the back of the LCD needs to be reversed. not the polarisation film on the LCD itself the one at the back.

heres what to do.

remove the six screws or how ever many there is cant remember
seperate the PCB from the Metalic Plate.
on the front of the metalic plate there is a couple of T6 screws, remove these, flip the metal plate over,
http://www.te-elektronik.com/images/640/e17/005.jpg
where the screwdriver is located gently pry out the black part of the metali cover, there is a clip on each side that needs disengaging.

once removed u will have access to the screen, turn it over, and gently prize the screen forward

http://www.te-elektronik.com/images/640/e17/007.jpg
as shown in the image

remove the orange reflective film and reverse it

http://www.te-elektronik.com/images/klein/e17/008.jpg like shown in this pic, once completed reverse everything u have jus done, obviously keepin the reflective film the way that you have just put it, put all screws back in the phone put it all back together, and enjoy your blue screen

B.R

Furgo

exuptoy
02-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, just read on blueled.co.uk that I need to bridge the screen resistor but my leds look very bright already should the screen film mod be enough to adjust to brightness.

Furgo
02-03-2003, 10:47 PM
you dont nessasarilly ( dunno how u spell it ) need to bridge them, all it does is provde more power to the led's at 40p each i personally would bridge them, cus i cant see them being anywhere near as bright as TG Blues or ISP Blues, the filter mod will give the blue effect you are after, orange and blue make a sort of pinky purple effect, thus defeating the object of fitting blue, goodthing is u get 2 for 1 ;)

it will adjust the brightness on the screen, theoretically because you are achieving the desired blue affect, although in reality the led's will not be burning any brighter

exuptoy
02-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Hi Furgo
Just turned the reflector and the screen is just awesome!!!
Dont think I will bother to bridge the res as the colour is spot on.
I think that for 40p each the effect is excellent. Worth a try at that price. You'll find the link here if your interested:
www.netdevpro.com/excell/
Good site.
Anyway thanks again

Exuptoy

Furgo
02-03-2003, 11:55 PM
NP mate glad it is all sorted for you, if u get chance could you post a new pic to see what they are like.

B.R

Furgo

exuptoy
05-03-2003, 12:25 AM
Here's your pics.
Sorry the quality isn't better, a little late in the day and not much natural light at 23.30. The camera doesn't tell the whole story as the screen is slightly darker like the keypad.

w0rf
05-03-2003, 10:36 PM
is this necessary for all phones?
for example my 33xx?

exuptoy
07-03-2003, 11:42 PM
I think the back reflector is only in the 5210 because the screen is orange, it doesn't appear to be in other screens.

GadgetCatcher
07-03-2003, 11:55 PM
To: Furgo,

Nice one, was just about to install some blue leds on my sisters phone and that was very handy to know in advance.

Thanks.
Gerry.

Furgo
09-03-2003, 05:14 PM
@ Exuptoy

cheers for the pic mate looks good now.

@ wOrf

exuptoy is correct currently the only phone as far as i am aware that needs the reflective film reversing is the 5210.

33x0 1206 ais recomended although 0805 an 0603 can be fitted with a bit more difficulty

@ GadgetCatcher

No probs mate, its always worth knowing things in advance, before you do summat an get pi***d off cus it dont look right.

@ all UK Residents

if u wish to purchase TG Hyper Blues but dont want to send money to places like Blue or JBPhonetech ( Nothing Intended Just Incase You Are Reading, Your Sites Have Helped Me Lots.

you can buy them from Farnell

B.R

Furgp

Furgo
12-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Jus thought i would post a couple of pics of the 3310 i am usin for my other sim, it has Blue LED's installed ( 0805 )

they arnt the best quality i have a s**t camera its about 3 years old

Furgo
12-03-2003, 09:52 PM
an here is another