PDA

View Full Version : 9210 Dct4 Or Dct3

kevinn13
05-03-2003, 01:18 PM
I think its DCT3 but can someone confirm

spaceimpact33
05-03-2003, 01:24 PM
I think that it is a mix between the 2
Like the controlling software for the front panel is dct3 and the rest like sim locks is dct 4
spaceimpact33

Guciano
05-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Iit is DCT-3 100%... SP data, FLID, IMEI can be calc using Dejan sw for DCT-3. can be flash with Wintesla wich is for DCT-3 Nokia..

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Right lets put this to rest once and for all, The 92xx i are DCT-3 to unlock and do eeprom stuff with, and is dct-4 to flash, yes I know the files are in wintesla format but you try and flash the phone with any or the DCT-3 flasher out today, you can't I stake my 9210 on it and my V66 as well, the reason why you can't flash it with a DCT-3 flasher BECAUSE it uses DCT-4 flash and boot loaders, now if someone could rewite the flash and boot loaders so you could use a DCT-3 flasher then you would have no need for DCT-4 flashing boxes, so why you think only griffin supports the 92xx flashing because griffin box is a cracked nokia FPS-8 (or 4) which is why you don't get much support from it, Who do you ask Nokia for support? I think not.

Right so if any one can send me (with in a week of this post) a WORKING DCT-3 flasher (just software no hardware) that can flash my 9210 I will send them both the phones I have at this time.

Guciano
06-03-2003, 08:16 AM
:) I'm the winner....

I flash 9210, 9210i for a long time using Nokia original FLS-2 (wich is an device for DCT-3 generation) and Wintesla sw.

If you have such device (FLS-2) in you'r hand I will explain you how to do it.... it is so easy.

If you don't belive me please ask Willy who can confirm this for you, because he tested my solution one year ago and is working.

Luciano.

P.S.
Now i'm working how to flash DCT-4 with FLS-2 but is not so easy... to many DCT-4 death phones wich are not so cheap.

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Yes, I have heard about this so I ask in my local service center about to which I got the reply it will work but sometimes you end in dead phone, which is not good:( .
Anyway I said "SOFTWARE" and correct me if I'm wrong but the fls-2 is HARDWARE, so no you don't win and how many of us can afford to buy a FLS-2 and keep paying to get the thing updated as well as paying out to replace the 9210 which has been killed because you are using a way Nokia do not recommend.

Guciano
06-03-2003, 09:53 AM
1. As long as the HW in the phone is OK, no problems at all, you can flash the phone without problems and is work all the time 100%.
I flash death 9210 with Wintesla and FLS (because of sw problem or griffin problem) and all is OK, phone work like before.

2. as you now ther is now 100% safe flasher:
- we use Nokia original tools FPS & FLS, and also device made by others: Dejan, DCT-4 cheap flasher... and all has different problems when you flash an phone.
Another problem can be bad soldering of flash chip or some HW problems wich apear only if you trey to erase-reprogram the flash chip...
I don't understand whay this solution with FLS-2 ( Nokia original HW) is not safe you have no chance to damage the phone by using FLS-2 if the phone is in 100% HW working condition.

I can tell you from my experience that people in Nokia Authoried Service Centers has no idea about basic research and specially SW problems, they will do all the time what service manual said and will not try to find an better way to do the job because they are paid by repair quantities in shortest time possible: Nokia has target max 1 hour for phone/repair after this they can said send to higher level if you can't do it or exchange the board and send us the bad one.

Do you think using Griffin or other solution wich not use original Nokia HW and SW is more safe then using FLS-2 you are wrong...

Read this post please:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73592

- I tried to help that guy but he don't now anything about phones HW and SW just to plug an cable in the phone and to press an button in the sw... so I quit.

This is what you said:

you said "Software" and Wintesla and his DLL is the Working DCT-3 Software and FLS-2 is the DCT-3 Hardware NOT DCT-4 HW !!!
I can send you all SW required to flash 9210 with FLS-2 but I can't send you FLS-2 and you did not ask for HW anyway.
There is no Software solution without any Hardware involved ( cable-interface to connect to phone; eaven with IRDA you need the IRDA interface...)
and what upgrade do you need for an working solution to any variant of 9210 and 9210i ? do you think at 9310 already?

P.S.
You wanted to prouve that 9210 require DCT-4 HW for flash wich is not true can be done with DCT-3 hw.

It is better to let other people to judge what you said and if my solution is righ or not but please do not involve in this the money problem because you did not said anything about this before

- I don't need you'r phones if you think i'm wrong let other people to judge this.

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Yes I read that post and have been helping in what little way I can.

Yes I know the 9210 can be flashed by fls-2 I did read the post you put up first time about this, which is why I asked in service center (main hub one not little one) and that is what I was told it may kill the phone, now having payed $????? for a fls-2 with all the bit's done to it so I have unlimited flashing and then go to upgrade a 9210 to find out it has killed it, I'm not going to be happy I'm I nor is the poor guy whos phone it is so more money spent on trying to repair or replace his phone which is not good.

Any way as I said SOFTWARE the fls-2 is not software, I have wintesla and the needed cables, plus service battery for the phone but no flasher interface that will work.

(by hardware I should have said box or dongle)

As I said if anyone can rewite the flash and boot loaders it sholud not be a problem to flash with normal flasher, but till such time this happen, people are much better buying a griffin box at more than half the price of a FLS-2.

Guciano
06-03-2003, 11:02 AM
you do not need to rewrite the boot loader and flash loader.
All it is require is to wite the sw wich send loaders/flash file in the timing/format accepted by Phone/loaders.

If we will now the sources/protocols used by cheap flasher it is possible to be modified to flash correct all phones.

As you can see Nellix, Griffin, Cheap flasher, Dejan flasher all use nokia original flash loader & boot loader... nobody tryed to disasemble this files and write new ones because is no point to reinvent the weels.

All you need is to monitor communication and protocol in the flash process...spy an FLS-4 is the easy mode

Nokia changed FLS-2 to FLS-4 because they need:
- automaticly power on/of the phone from sw flasher
- VPP controlled by sw/interface
- higher speed because higher flash data.

main limitation on FLS-2 is automatic power on/of the phone by sw but we solved this problem... this is whay we can flash 9210... and I can tell you it is 1000% safe for the phone.

Guciano
06-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Please send you'r V66 to first person who test my solution and is happy with this solution.

You can stop flashin process at any point you want result is death phone, just start the flash again and the result is working phone, no FAID calculation problem like Griffin.

Flashing 9210 & 9210i with Wintesla and FLS-2.

Wintesla is DCT-3 SW
FLS-2 is DCT-3 HW

FLID in 9210 is DCT-3 calculation
SP in 9210 is DCT-3 calculation
IMEI in 9210 is DCT-3 calculation

result is 9210 is DCT-3 phone

P.S.
in fact read the 9210 service manual to understand all:

QED

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Well if that is the case I stand (or sit as I am) corrected, and say I'm wrong, but I'm only going on what I have been told and seen from trying things by myself.

But for the everyday unlocker who does it for himself or herself it's far easyer to buy a Griffin box and flash than spending the $?????? for getting a FLS-2.

(unlike most I admit when I'm wrong or not quite right)

willy_telempire
06-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lonegunman
Yes I read that post and have been helping in what little way I can.

Yes I know the 9210 can be flashed by fls-2 I did read the post you put up first time about this, which is why I asked in service center (main hub one not little one) and that is what I was told it may kill the phone, now having payed $????? for a fls-2 with all the bit's done to it so I have unlimited flashing and then go to upgrade a 9210 to find out it has killed it, I'm not going to be happy I'm I nor is the poor guy whos phone it is so more money spent on trying to repair or replace his phone which is not good.

Any way as I said SOFTWARE the fls-2 is not software, I have wintesla and the needed cables, plus service battery for the phone but no flasher interface that will work.

(by hardware I should have said box or dongle)

As I said if anyone can rewite the flash and boot loaders it sholud not be a problem to flash with normal flasher, but till such time this happen, people are much better buying a griffin box at more than half the price of a FLS-2.

lonegunman
incase,, if you have only FLS2, and you need to flash 9210 then:

i am sorry,,, i have to tell you,, FLS-X ( include fls2d) really can use wintesla (SW) to FLASH 9210 AND 9210i

as long as you have correct DLL !
and Guciano is first one who found that HOW !

Regards

Willy

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 11:21 AM
This is the point I'm trying to make to flash the phone you need a FLS-2 which is hardware, not software now I can flash a 8210 with just normal cable and battery, now you try and flash a 9210 with normal cable and battery (service one if you like) you can't, as you say you need a fls-2 to flash it, now if that is the case why can I not flash the 9210 with Neelix 1 box which is nothing more that a cracked cloned fls-2?

Guciano
06-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Ask this question the that higher Nokia HUB :

It is possible to flash any DCT-3 phone with this tool only:

FPS-4 with 1 RAM no FLASH board extension
serial cable and paralel cable, NO other tools like FLA or TDF ...
only Nokia original SW interface used no home made or cracks.

yes or no ?

ask them if is possible to flash with this configuration phones with bigger flash then 1 Mb like 2,3,4 Mb.... 6210....etc ? yes or no ?

TO ALL THIS MY ANSWER IS YES, YES, YES.

WHAT IS THERE ANSWER ? OF COURSE NO CHANCE

This way you will understan what I do with original nokia tools,
I do Research to be able to use there tools at max with low cost and I can tell you again it is 100% safe.
It is there tools and there sw.

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Yes, I'm not saying it can't never have done, but you need a fls-2 to flash the thing, which is hardware not software (unlike roils, darkflasher). so unless you have the fls-2 you can't flash the phone.

Guciano
06-03-2003, 11:29 AM
you said:

....I can flash a 8210 with just normal cable and battery....

Please tell us how to flash 8210 with RX/TX cable and RS232 serial port because this is normal cable for 8210.

??

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Now you are getting silly, you know what cable I'm talking out normal flashing cable, can you flash from form com port?

Guciano
06-03-2003, 11:54 AM
you'r problem is:

you had in mind to flash 9210 with dejan HW interface and for this you needed sw but you did not write this.

this is you'r problem.

you just writed ....

Right so if any one can send me (with in a week of this post) a WORKING DCT-3 flasher (just software no hardware) that can flash my 9210 I will send them both the phones I have at this time.

please explain again to all people :

- if Wintesla is or not an WORKING DCT-3 flasher (just software no hardware)

- if FLS-2 is an DCT-3 HW or not... until now people don't now how to use this FLS-2 to flash 9210&9210i but they will now.

And next time please write carefuly what want because this way you lose you'r credibility and become LxxxR and finnaly CxxxxxR.

I'm expect other opinions here not only you'r and mine.

And I don't expect you to keep you'r word, to me, at least send you'r V66 to an people who test my solution :)

lonegunman
06-03-2003, 12:01 PM
OK I will send any one my V66 if that can flash the 9210 with wintelsa that you send them (also I would like a copy) and normal flashing cables, no fls-2 which is hardware and No PKD-1 which is dongle.:D

Guciano
06-03-2003, 12:13 PM
correction:

PKD-1 is Hardware also, but you not need this dongle anyway, FLS-2 is enought. :)

And you did not said first time that is not alowed to use any DCT-3 hardware= interface.

:)

willy_telempire
06-03-2003, 04:28 PM
@LU,,,
no need to waste you time to "teach" this mate ! that it !
lonegunman he does not know what he talking about !

@lonegunman, who tell you that neelix or griffin was cloned from FPS8 ( or 4) ???
is it HW cloned or SW cloned ?
if you said HW, then how come griffin did not use Hitachi H3 chips ?
if it cloned SW ,,, then why griffin do not just use "phoenix" to run for it box ?

and what mean is "normal cable " ?
normal cable no need any interface between "cable" to PC ?
thread was talking 92xx is DCT3 or DCT4 , but you keep on make it to "off topic" ..

and mates told you , that from he use FLS2 and wintesla and unlock SW to prove that 9210 is DCT3, then you never feel happy becasue he sharing you some useful info .....

WASTE TIME !

Willy

Guciano
06-03-2003, 04:51 PM
yes you are right the world is full of people who don't now the difference betwen HW and SW, people who think FPS and FLS is the same, but they are BIG unlockers and phones repairers... they are veterans in this field :)

My advice for them:
-pay 10-20 GBP to an authorised service center - for what you think you can do yourself but you don't now how - and sleep well because you have waranty for that work; it is cheaper it's worthed.

It is sad that some people don't now they'r own language... English

P.S.
I'm not English so please forgive my mistakes...I try to learn this language .... I admit I make typing mistake all the time.... and my accent is not so good...anyway people know what I talk to them in English.