PDA

View Full Version : Mcu Space

mirsal
06-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Can any body till me how to increase MCU space, I got a lot of information according this topic but all is not comprehensible to me, I found this help by mister NokDok but I cant take any information from it

Firstly if your going to be playing with G3n0lite lots you need much MCU free space! Heres my tutorial read through a few times and you'll figure it

1) search for vnext - (set search as text string)

then you shall get this kind of thing shown:

.0H...F.H.F.F..2. PPM.PPMVNEXT.2.
-----------------^-----------------------

See the VNEXT? Now before the PPM we have ".2. " This is what we need!!

We look at the main screen and see that ".2. " (remember the space after!) actually in hex is: 0032 E820

Ok now sinse we are using the flash from 200-400 we take 2 off the first digit so the important thing is this 12 E820

2) Now go to this OFFSET mate
You shall see :

0034 0000 003C FFFF

Ok now does this ring any bells???

3) Its the offsets for the PPM so now what we do is grab loadsa FFFF FFFF FFFF from the bottom of PPM and insert into the bottom of the MCU - CUT AND PASTE so size stays the same

then we locate the start of PPM by searching for PPM:

.................................PPM.V 05.79 <--------- Like so! then find the offset of the location before the "P" of PPM then change the first digit of the offset by adding two and change 0034 0000 of step 2 to say 0035 1774 which i have done on my modded 3315 5.79 and got lotsa nice MCU space

So anybody can give me simple information on how to do that

slikmik
06-03-2003, 04:48 PM
thats the tutorial i wrote theres a post dedicated to how to do it, and also help in the "g3n0lite questions and answers" thread

try searching

dont see what trouble you have all the information is there!!!:rolleyes:

Mike

mirsal
06-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks mike …. Yeh I search all the forum by using as u say - increase mcu space and many many things I tray but I did not get any benefit I can apply it in my question i used g3 to do the trik but g3 increase only the ppm space .....

slikmik
06-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mirsal
Can any body till me how to increase MCU space, I got a lot of information according this topic but all is not comprehensible to me, I found this help by mister NokDok but I cant take any information from it

Firstly if your going to be playing with G3n0lite lots you need much MCU free space! Heres my tutorial read through a few times and you'll figure it

1) search for vnext - (set search as text string)

then you shall get this kind of thing shown:

.0H...F.H.F.F..2. PPM.PPMVNEXT.2.
-----------------^-----------------------

See the VNEXT? Now before the PPM we have ".2. " This is what we need!!

We look at the main screen and see that ".2. " (remember the space after!) actually in hex is: 0032 E820

Ok now sinse we are using the flash from 200-400 we take 2 off the first digit so the important thing is this 12 E820

2) Now go to this OFFSET mate
You shall see :

0034 0000 003C FFFF

Ok now does this ring any bells???

3) Its the offsets for the PPM so now what we do is grab loadsa FFFF FFFF FFFF from the bottom of PPM and insert into the bottom of the MCU - CUT AND PASTE so size stays the same

then we locate the start of PPM by searching for PPM:

.................................PPM.V 05.79 <--------- Like so! then find the offset of the location before the "P" of PPM then change the first digit of the offset by adding two and change 0034 0000 of step 2 to say 0035 1774 which i have done on my modded 3315 5.79 and got lotsa nice MCU space

So anybody can give me simple information on how to do that

why does this not help you????

have you actually read it

go download a hex editor (search for one ultraedit or similar) open your flash then follow instructions :D:D:D

Mike