PDA

View Full Version : 5110 backlight quick blink upon power on: what's this?

||Joe
19-09-2001, 04:37 PM
Hi!

i have one 5110 5.28 that was somehow broken while messing with cracked Wintesla (6.03) in IMEI/Simlock area. After that phone got four locks locked.

I took EEPROM from working phone, patched it with imei changer and put it in. Also I've done full flash from the working phone. Locks appeared again.

If I try to unlock it by Jethro, it says 'Unlocked' but strange combinations of 00 and FF appears in GID1 GID2 MSN and MNC+CC and no card accepted by phone.

There is also a strange thing: backlight blinks once upon power on. Phone doesn't call 112. What does all this mean?

QuantumII
19-09-2001, 09:36 PM
I have the same problem with a Nokia 7110 v.4.80..

That's because the COBBA ID in the flash /EEPROM is not the same as in the COBBA chip..

TDF-4 and Dejan PPM box can fix this..

I don't know the reason why it won't call 112, but i think is has something to do with the DSP (a part of nokia's protection)

If the COBBA ID / IMEI (or something else critical) has been changed, then the phone goes crazy. On a 6110 (wich i changed the IMEI on ) A problem nearly identical appeared:

The phone started, and did not find network, and after ca 30 sek it rebooted. I connected a cable to it, and with netmonitor under "SW RESET REASONS" i saw this:

DSP recovery reset.

Therefore, when you change critical data in the eeprom / flash ,or the COBBA ID is not the same as in the cobba chip,then your problem appears.. 4 locks, and no radio..

I also have a 5110 v5.24 with that problem.. It's not worth the costs to fix it...