PDA

View Full Version : 3210 getting strange !!!

||Joe
19-09-2001, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all your possible help ! My small 3210 is still doing strange things ! Shutting off alone, asking pin code every 15 minutes, or maybe only the tommorrow... freezing himself too... Only way is to pull off the battery for a while, and start again... sometimes only for 1 minute....
Is he dead ? May I flash it ? I've tryed softwares here, for flashing... but not managing to make the software start ! Even following the instructions !
Also, the version of my 3210 seems to be an old one, I only find the files of newest softs on internet, may this be possible to use a more recent file for flashing ?

MANY MANY THANKS !!!

||Joe
19-09-2001, 10:16 AM
Do you dont know the original softwer version of your nokia, and you make flash with a newer .fls file? It was a big silly trouble! This is the the reason why it not operat perfectly!
Type: *#0000# , you can see the soft version, get a full flash .fls file for this version, make with this a full flashing. It shuld be work:)

If you have an older one (5.xx for examp) version after this flashing you can go to a nokia service to upgrade your phone. It have to be FREE of charge!

||Joe
19-09-2001, 10:20 AM
No I I didn't yet do this ! I asked if it would work, I cannot find the old version !

||Joe
19-09-2001, 10:32 AM
What version do you need?

||Joe
19-09-2001, 10:39 AM
I do not have it with me right now, and I know it is quite older than 5.31... maybe 5.24 or I don't know.. I'll say tomorrow...
In fact, for resuming, the phone became crazy without any operation from me, and I just wanted to know also what to do now, and if flashing it with newer version is possible, and how to do it without buying a special cable which is expensive ! I already have a pc cable for, MBUS, so may there be softwares (free) working with it for that ?)
Thkx

Steph

||Joe
19-09-2001, 11:05 AM
Wait a minute!

Flashing need flash cabel not mbus cabel and a Dejan 1.0 prog!
If your phone older than 5.24 its very very hard to find a full flash file for it.
With mbus cabel you can use some soft like Nokia tools or eeprom repairers (Bartek etc.) or a cracked wintesla. This soft not for flashing, these for eeprom (not flash chip) repairer or adjustable progs. I dont use tis because online progs and therfor its dangeorus, maybe you crased your phone for ever! Or get a eeprom reader/writer special cabel and a ponyprog soft whit offline eeprom repairer progs and a torx6 screwdriver, because you have to open your nokia to reach the eeprom.
I only help to you the flashing! If it sold your prob, but I dont think, maybe take an attamp. With a same version full flash not crased your 3210, and if the prob is the flash code it should fix the problem!

But I'm not sure that your problem is came from a softver mistake. Maybe you got a hardwer prob. For exampl: antenna connectin, tranciver modul. Lot people said that have problem with their tranceiver/ anntena of 3210. Antenna is a changeble spart but the tranciver:( maybe with soldering... Not worth to change it. You have to buy another phone:(((

That all, good luck!

||Joe
19-09-2001, 11:24 AM
thanks ! I have already bought another one anyway,; a 8210, hope it will work for years this one !

||Joe
19-09-2001, 11:46 AM
If yor 3210 whit you:)))))
I have a horroristic advice for last:

Go a service, hope that your phone just operate then, and say you wanna upgrade the soft version.They do it free, and after maybe (you hope) the phone get trouble (freez or anything). This reason they have to repair it free, I think:)))))))

Bye

||Joe
19-09-2001, 11:51 AM
Sure !!! Very good reason this !!!! THANKS ! I'll TRY FOR SURE !!!