PDA

View Full Version : 6210 Signal WILL THIS WORK?

chunkhead
11-03-2003, 11:14 AM
6210 Signal WILL THIS WORK?
I have a good few 6210's sitting here with the no signal problem! It has being annoying me and my little brain went into overdrive! With regards to the antenna shortcircuit idea (the one covered with the rubber bung) If that's what is shorting out, then theoretically i should have a full signal when plugged into a car adapter no???
So... the test!

1) 6210 with no signal
2) Plug into car adapter/antenna and phone will function
3) THEN...i go about shortcircuiting the antenna!

WILL THIS WORK???

I don't have an adapter to try it on, so any feedback is much appreciated

pico
11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
relax, you can hurt your brain when your hobby is gsm :):)

the 6210 signal fix i assume you are talking about is not actually shorting the external antena out of the circuit, you are putting it back into the circuit.
if your weak signal is caused by broken solder at that point, just reheat the solder pads with a thin tip iron. no need for anything else.
tried/tested many times.
you could also have some other hardware faults though, ones not so easy to fix..

chunkhead
12-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Yeah, you get my drift, but before I start soldering stuff or unsoldering for that matter, will this technique work? I have already tried the bridging idea described above and on many other threads that claim this is the problem! But, when I did it, i ended up with no signal, ever! It used to come and go! What I want to know is... if the problem IS caused by the car antenna bit, will this test diagnose it?

DaveGSM82
12-03-2003, 09:19 PM
get a foam sticky pad from a stationary shop (usually sold in packs of 100+) and place one over the HAGAR, re-assemble the phone and the pad will press the chip onto the board, if you get signal then you need to re-flow your hagar, if not, who knows?

Dave.