PDA

View Full Version : Let's work together for MCU&PPM

||Joe
13-09-2001, 11:53 AM
Hi!

Not the Boxes need for us to up/down load MCU&PPM files, but the infos which in it!

The info have to be gained from to full back up comparisations of lot of similar phone.

One or two people could flah a few amount of same version mobile, of cours it has a great chance that these phones have got same language pack. But if we live around europe we can collect same version flashes with different language pack, and with known mobile IDs (IMEI, securitycod).

We should to change the full backups, shoulden't it?

This is the main aim this page, or not?

Let's go boys:))

NokDoc
16-09-2001, 12:58 AM
Ever wondered why the nFree program says the purchase date variable is stored right in a logo section?
Question raised during my 3310 compares.....

||Joe
17-09-2001, 09:25 AM
I'm a lammer in analyzing, but the PPM changing on the phone not impossible! Some people do it, whitout dejan boxes, just not say us how do it! Maybe they are really good hackers or working in a nokia service center.

You know somthing:)) Logo section...

OK: IMEI, Product-ID, purchase-date, production date, seccode, language pack number are needed to calculate new cheksums. But if we know this 3-4 same sw ver full-bakups whit differen languge pack, maybe I or other one find the place of address these IDs and find the method of calculation of its chksums! I hope:)))

bye

||Joe
19-09-2001, 06:21 PM
Found this somewhere, don't know if it'll be of help to you. If you figure it out, fill me in on it!

Here goes:

>Hi,
>
>Here come the algorithm for calculate the "FlashAuthorityID"
>This is necessary after flashing Nokia phones with other version/PPM language
>to update the 'EEPROM area'. In this way the phone will LOG (find) the network.
>Sorry, this is only for smart guys now.
>Soon will be available software who can update phone EEPROM after flashing.
>And this will be released for free, even if in last 3 years I sell all
>my production hardware/software /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
>
>The inputs for this algorithm are:
>- 13 bytes Phone MSID
>- Checksum of flash parts
>The output are:
>- 12 bytes "Flash_Authority_ID"
>
>This is only a first 'small' release.
>Soon will come more:
> - how to stop counter in FLS-1 and FLS-2 original Nokia flashing devices
> (Wintesla DLL's patches)
> - how to make your own FLS-1 device using an DK2 dongle
> (anybody can order this from www.DESKEY.CO.UK (http://www.DESKEY.CO.UK) for less money)
> - M2BUS commands related to "Flash_Authority_ID" and MSID
> - Software who automaticaly update "EEPROM" with calculated value
>
>
>Best regards,
>Zulea

Cheers,
Eddie