PDA

View Full Version : desperate 4 help with partial backup (6210 & 8210 & nkflash2)

||Joe
05-09-2001, 06:03 PM
I've bought the NKFLAHS2 from ucables.com and I have not been succesful at all.

After connecting it to the LPT1 port (ECP in bios setup), I've connected the device to both an 6210 (sw 4.36) and a 8210 (sw 5.25) (one at a time, of course XD). I've tried with a Green shell and Flasher Shell 1.05.

I want to get a backup of the phone's flash before flashing these mobiles (to unlock them), but after hiting F1, selecting appropriate phone and addresses, hiting ENTER and switching ON the phone I get the following results:

* Flasher will timeout and report "Phone not respond! tx=1".
* Phone will either ask me to insert a sim card (if I didn't) or enter the PIN code (if the SIM card is already in).

I get these errors consistently with both phones. What am I doing wrong???

Is it the NKFLASH2???? Is it my setup??? Could it be the boot loader?

*BTW, flasher.exe reports it's version 1.0b, is that correct?
*Also, should I have a SIM card in the phone while working with it and the NKFLASH2?
* I've tried to make a backup with "Nokia Flash Downloader" but it also times out every dingle time /n/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif(((

PLEASE HELP!!!!

||Joe
08-09-2001, 12:10 AM
what I have to say
try a lot of times and I said a lot of times or move to another PC sometimes work sometimes dont

||Joe
11-09-2001, 05:32 AM
if you are using an amd k6 you might have problems backing up but no problem in writing

||Joe
13-09-2001, 11:06 AM
Vierja!

Its problem familiart to me:))
What kid of cabel? It's got a lpt and a com plug together (mbus/fbus and flash cabel in one) Or it's only a simply flash cabel with a LPT plug?
If a simple flash cabel with lpt plug:
Open The LPT plug (if it openable:). Look the inside and you have to see an IC called 74C...etc. and -its important- you see 2 diods, some resistor and capacitor in there. If not, you only just see an IC without any passive elments, that cabel is a not dejan flash cabel!!!!! That cabel pinouts another than dejan's!
This kidda of cabels calld: nkflash2 (ucabels named: YOU wrote) or Jethro servise cabel (I'm writing). I have got the all 2 types of flash cabels, but only the dejan's can operate with the dejan's progs AND also (what a surprice) the Jethro's progs.
I dont know what progs uses thats fucing nkflah2 cabel, maybe it is a fake!
But lot of site tallk about it, maybe with a wrong information: for egs.:www.nkmobile.co.uk says: Jethro prog use another type of flashcabel calld jethro cabel (shematic included), But it is not thrue I've tested it! Or ucabel says nkflash2 cabel compatibel with dejan's. BUT it also not thrue, YOU have tested! /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Bye

||Joe
14-09-2001, 09:24 AM
And more something:

1. I think the nkflash2 cabels a combined mbus/fbus and flash cabel in one. So it has a COM and a LPT plug.

2. When you wanna flash a mobile you don't put inside any sim card into the phone! And when dejan flasher prog says: ...and turn on the phone! You press on the ON botton a little time, while appear boot loader... and Flash-ID message on the screen! If the phone turn on when you press too long time the ON button you have to try again. Evry trying is needed a new dejan flasher program starting! (exit..etc. )

3. If not work this, you should have to change your fl_loader.bin file. You get a flash-ID allways when you tray to flash, from this ID you you can recognize the appropriet f_loader.bin made from an appropriet .tia file.

4. Boot1. bin used for older one and boot2.bin used for newer (>=3210) phones.

Good luck!