PDA

View Full Version : Name not appearing when I ring

decbuck
14-03-2003, 09:07 AM
I have a Nokai 8310.

I have all my names stored on my sim. But for two people in my phonebook, when they ring, or when I ring them , or when I get a text from them, their number appears, not their name. it only happens for two people in my phonebook.

I have deleted them and saved the number direct from the text message but still no joy.

I know this happened me before but that was when I had two names for the same number. That is not the case now.

When I use my old 3310, this problem does not occur.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Al
14-03-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm also have such problem on my 3310 (new, v5.79), but only with one phonenumber and I don't know why that's happens.....

ryan_chong
14-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Hmm....sound weird,but try to do this.

@decbuck

What do u means by "saved the number direct from the text message...."?
This may caused by some special characters wit the names tat can't be appear in 8310.Try to delete the names again n save it again from the main menu.Press the numbers and save it.
I dunno if this would help buy juz some clue from me.:)

@A1

Hmm....did u try to delete and save again?And r u sure tat u hv not saved the same number wit different names?
I means u saved a number for twice but wit different names.
Hope u can get me...:D

Thanks~

Al
14-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ryan_chong
@A1

Hmm....did u try to delete and save again?And r u sure tat u hv not saved the same number wit different names?
I means u saved a number for twice but wit different names.
Hope u can get me...:D

Thanks~
Believe me, I've tried everything, and it's still the same shit!..... on other phones all is Ok

mechtech
14-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I had the same problem with my phone. I finally found the reason that the number just showed and not a name. I had 2 entries for the same number. One had the name the other had a blank space for the name. I tried all the same things you did but didn't get it figured out till I scrolled throught the whole phone book and found the number with a blank entry for the name. I erased the blank entry and the problem went away.
You may have a similar problem - check every phone number entry to be sure you have no blank ones or just spaces for name!

decbuck
14-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Perhaps I didn;t make my original point clear. I did check for double entries even those with no name.

I think I may have a solution. Try ringing the number from your phone book. Seems to have sorted out the text message problem.

ryan_chong
15-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Wow wow wow....:eek: Wat a big trouble u all hv it.
I really dunno wats wrong or any solutions...
Anyway,this is the last solution ive got...(maybe)
Try to add the country code to the number u hv saved.
For example,my country code is (+60 ) and following by the number.Hope this can help.:)

Thanks again~

newcasper
15-03-2003, 04:42 PM
it is so easy guys
just write that no in a paper then delete it
then get out to the main menu and write that no again then press dial
if it is stored with a different no or as a space that will appear
but if it was not stored u will get the no without names or spaces

wozza
15-03-2003, 08:51 PM
my girlfriend and her best friend have this problem on their 3310's. Oh her friends phone her number is shown as her number not her name, and the same for her friend on my gf's phone.. V. weird. I've checked everythin

SmOg
15-03-2003, 09:03 PM
I had the same problem on my 9210.
Sollution:---> Resave name and phone number.
After this restart your device :)

SmOg
15-03-2003, 09:04 PM
All my phone numbers looks like this (country code) --->+36(network)(phone number)
Hope this is help! :p