PDA

View Full Version : 6510 .. polyphonic ringtones?



BigEejit
15-03-2003, 11:49 PM
I have a couple of questions, I hope some of you fine people can give me an answer
Can someone tell me why the 6510 has a polyphonic tune when the phone is turned on, but all the ringtones are normal ones? ....is there a way to enable polyphonic ringtones on it?

Another completely different question is:
I got the unlock codes for my phone and when I typed them in (#pw+code+code number#), I got a message:
Cannot undo re-striction (little flashing stop)

Does that mean my phone is already unlocked? .. or does it mean that the codes are no good?

ibmkg
16-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Well... I think i know the answer for the first question... When you turn your 6510 on, The Startup tone is polynomic, but if you observe, that tone is heard from the speaker from which you hear / recieve a call.

There are two speakers, One is at the Top(Where the power button is,,,From which ring tones are heard)

Other comes on top of the Screen (display).... From which you hear / receive call.

Both are totally different arc.

So its not possible with out some internal modification.

BigEejit
16-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Ahh .. you are correct, heh .. I hadn't even noticed that ..:p ..
I dont think that I'll be taking the soldering iron to my phone though :eek:

Cheers ibmkg

Anyone know about the unlock codes?:)