View Full Version : T9 of Simplified Chinese on Nokia 8250
johnaaa
17-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Hello everybody, may I know how to make my Nokia 8250 has the T9 Simplified Chinese? I already download all the ppm of Nokia 6210, but I found that none of them got T9 Chinese that mean I totally cannot have T9 CHINS? Is it?
Anyway thanks in advance.
Manipulator
17-03-2003, 03:02 AM
you wan 8250 chineseSimp T9,but why you go and download the 6210 flash.
try 8250 ppm pack K or L,the chineseSimp in in either one.
8250 ppm J only got chineseTrad T9,but got trad and simp text.
johnaaa
17-03-2003, 05:13 AM
But the PPM Package K, the simplified chinese input is not T9 although in the LDB got CHINS T9 but why the T9 is unlike the T9 Simplified Chinese in 3315 / 6510?
Manipulator
17-03-2003, 05:22 AM
really,i never try it.
if can't ,than try to move the 8210 chs T9 the the 8250 flash file you want,
8210 pack K or L got chs T9.
johnaaa
17-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Erm.... can I ask 1 question? I used 8210 before, that version also got T9, but why the input step is not like 3315 or 6510?I mean if I want to type in '你'(Ni) in simplifed chinese, I need to press 'mno' this key for 2 times, and then 'ghi' this key for 3 times? Does the T9 Simplified Chinese in 8210/8250 is like this? But I don't think this 1 of input step is T9....
Why is not only press 'mno' and 'ghi' these 2 keys for each 1 time?
Manipulator
17-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by johnaaa
Erm.... can I ask 1 question? I used 8210 before, that version also got T9, but why the input step is not like 3315 or 6510?I mean if I want to type in '你'(Ni) in simplifed chinese, I need to press 'mno' this key for 2 times, and then 'ghi' this key for 3 times? Does the T9 Simplified Chinese in 8210/8250 is like this? But I don't think this 1 of input step is T9....
Why is not only press 'mno' and 'ghi' these 2 keys for each 1 time?
hahaha,:D
you are right,The T9 in 8210/8250 is not really T9,cos T9 is text in 9 key.
the 8210/8250 T9 is using the old keymap,maybe you can try to move the 3350 chs T9 into the 8210/8250 see it can work or not and work like 3310/3350.
johnaaa
17-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Manipulator, anyway thanks your help. Another question, do you know how to make Nokia 3210 can input Simplified Chinese (Pinyin)?
melakamobile
17-03-2003, 08:07 AM
3210 cannot add chinese simplified 100% cannot!!
johnaaa
17-03-2003, 12:59 PM
May I know why?
Manipulator
18-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by johnaaa
Manipulator, anyway thanks your help. Another question, do you know how to make Nokia 3210 can input Simplified Chinese (Pinyin)?
not sure,i try to find out for you.
i know that 3210 got chs,but i not sure it got chs T9 or not. so 3210 don have chs T9 ah.funny.:p
johnaaa
18-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Oh..... u misunderstood wat i mean. the original 3210 is totally cannot input chinese character, so i wish to modify the flash file in order can input chinese character (Pinyin), got it?
optimus777
18-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by johnaaa
Hello everybody, may I know how to make my Nokia 8250 has the T9 Simplified Chinese? I already download all the ppm of Nokia 6210, but I found that none of them got T9 Chinese that mean I totally cannot have T9 CHINS? Is it?
Anyway thanks in advance.
8250 T9 is in Pack K for pinyin & Pack J for Traditional...
and Yes, the Methods in pack J (using Traditional T9) is different with 3315 Methods
==============================
for 3210 , try to take T9 from 3315 Pack F Version 5.79 . then Change the LDB chunk to 3210 Version 6.00 pack D LDB chunk.
so 3315 T9 => 3210 T9 Work ???
maybe it's work , i don't know. you can try it. because i don't have 3210 fone . post the Result here ok.;)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.