PDA

View Full Version : Irda with PcSuite - problem...help

mic999
17-03-2003, 10:25 AM
First of all i would like to say thanks to all of you who helping
and answering questions about 9210i, THANKS!!! if i had to relay on my local nokia help crew i would get no answers
so thanks again...

My new problem is that i buy Irda with a purpse to sync with my 9210i... after i've installed pcsuite ad infrared virtual com ports (like the manual say) when i try to connect the Irda with 9210i looks like the PcSuite trying to make a handshake and connect but it stops after a few tries, i can send files via "EPOC" but after 1 or 2 minuts a disconnection accour

tell me please if anyone alse experiance the same problem, or if you have Pcsuite with irda and its working....

THANKs

BTW: my pcsuite version is 2.03

dilipchaudhary
20-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi.. you got the right version of the PC Suite... if you are using Windows XP just install the drivers which are part of the suite.... they create a virtual infrared com port thru which you can synch...

mic999
20-03-2003, 06:45 PM
i tryed to do that, now the problem is that it say "Ircomm allread installed" i tryed to reinstall the whole thing, and manualy do a infra virtual port but the only port my computer giving me is com6 and above....
i'm thinking about reinstall windows... big problem

dilipchaudhary
21-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Ok.. I had the same problem... uninstall the irda drivers.. unfortunately the PC Suite does not have that option... so use the uninstall the irda drivers with the uninstall option in the file I have attached... reboot.. then reinstall the PC Suite Irda drivers.. enjoy !

mic999
21-03-2003, 11:00 AM
You app made my Irda work, seconds befor i was about to throw it to the garbage
THANKS!!!
i guess i was never really uninstalling the device when i've tryed to make it work
:) :) :) :) :)

dilipchaudhary
21-03-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm glad it worked for you as it did for me! Enjoy !