PDA

View Full Version : Sim Card Registration

BOWLHEAD100
17-03-2003, 06:16 PM
I HAVE GOT A NOKIA 3310 WHICH I TRIED UNBLOCKING BUT WHEN I PUT AN ORANGE CONTRACT OR PAY AS U GO SIM CARD IN IT COMES UP SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILED ??? I USED EEPROM TOOLS 2 UNBLOCK IT CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ????

Al
17-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Maybe your SIM card is blocked by operator ???

BOWLHEAD100
17-03-2003, 07:13 PM
BOTH THE SIMCARDS WORK IN MY OTHER PHONE SO WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE ???

Al
17-03-2003, 07:24 PM
When phone is locked it will write 'SIM card not accepted'. Btw try to unlock it with Rolis NokTool (seems strange problem).

nicelad_uk
17-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Ive had the same thing with one phone, a nokia 8210, the operator that the phone was probably stolen or reported stolen from, has blocked that imei, u can get round it by changing the imei number, but this is illegal

User32
18-03-2003, 10:04 PM
maybe the sim card is very new compared to phone's sw version, so there is "compatibility" problem. just an opinion. check it.

nadger
19-03-2003, 01:39 AM
there appears to be some misunderstanding with this.......

simcard not accepted means the phones needs UNLOCKING to accept any network card.

sim registration failed means the imei of the phone has been blacklisted by the networks due to one of the following...

phone stolen
phone lost
bill not paid

blowhead has talked about unblocking his phone but i think he actually meant unlocking.

unlock..... removes the sim restrictions that each network operator places in the phone

unblock..... would mean to remove the block placed against the IMEI due to the reasons mentioned above.

BLOWHEAD please clarify your intentions so we can help you.

******IMEI CHANGING IS ILLEGAL IN THE UK******

User32
19-03-2003, 08:57 PM
the "sim registration failed" message appears only if the sim card is erased from network's database. it has nothing to do with the imei. i have such a sim card from my old contract which has ended.

nadger
19-03-2003, 09:16 PM
@user32

like blowhead i too live in the uk. I can tell you from experience that sim registration failed also means that the phone has been barred by the network, they do this is via the imei by checking it against the uk's cross network list of barred imei numbers. There has been an enormous amount of publicity about this new law regarding phone crime and thats why the likes of rollis, B-phreaks etc have produced new versions of their software with the "change imei" function removed just for the uk market.

Blowhead has already stated that he has tried 2 seperate sims in this phone which work fine in other phones so the only reason he gets this message "sim registration failed" is because his phones IMEI has been blacklisted.

see here for more details about imei blocking by the networks....
www.immobilise.com