PDA

View Full Version : Copyright violation

ZZ Hopp
19-03-2003, 12:40 AM
To all people in this forum !

I'm a communicator fan and I have seen that many full or cracked versions are offered for free download in this forum.

The developers who have written the software have spent a lot of time to create the software. Don't forget, in the Symbian software market you don't will find big companies like Microsoft.
That's why it's a big disaster for the small companies if here software are distributed illegaly.
If you don't pay for the software, in the future the developers are no longer interested to write software for the symbian platform.

denmas
19-03-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ZZ Hopp
If you don't pay for the software, in the future the developers are no longer interested to write software for the symbian platform.
I think it should be used as a brilliant feedback for the developers that someone still could crack their current s/w. I just want to say that they should write more sophisticated s/w in the future that cannot be cracked by people.

I wish they do not stop write a new s/w for the symbian platform in the future since it cannot solve the problem and it is possible for someone to crack s/w for the other platforms.

Regards.

Kisruh
19-03-2003, 02:52 AM
It's a Yin and Yang, Mr. Hopp. Some people will buy the software while some people like us choose to use the cracked one.

I do buy several software that I feel very helpful and essential for my Communicator. Applications such as reminder, ringtone, games are just additional for me. Having it or not doesn't make a big difference as I seldom use it. Since someone provide them for free here, I just grab it.

I don't know what the reasons other friends here may have but I'm sure we all have our own reason for doing what we do. You may purchase the software legally as you think it's the best, right and noble thing but others may think using a cracked one is cheaper, save money, extend the trial period until he/she gets enough money to purchase, etc.

IMHO ...