PDA

View Full Version : Water damager = preloader boot error

cypher1024
24-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Ok. I got a 3310 a while ago which had been dropped into a diving pool. The owner tried turning it on several times while it was still wet - each time the speaker made noises and the LEDs flashed. Anywho, about 2 weeks later, the owner gave it to me, and I tried cleaning it with water, then dishwashing liquid, then mineral turpentine, then water and dishwashing liquid, then water. Hehe. Anyhow, I tried flashing it after drying it for a few hours and it didn't respond at all. It's been about a week since then and I just tried to flash it again. It responds to when I press the on button, but then rollis displays a "Preloader boot error".

Anyone know what could be dead/wrong?

P.s. If I leave a battery in the phone, it drains all of the power out of the battery.

Any ideas?

khizofdeath
24-03-2003, 01:34 PM
the phone is grounded!!!!

Twister
24-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Maybe the contacts (4 pins) don't transmit the signals to the phone. I had the same problem and I've a solution for this: try to push the battery from the back side and while you are pushing, try to flash the phone.

cypher1024
25-03-2003, 05:00 AM
khiz: Grounded? How do I fix this?

Twister: thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it.

cjard
25-03-2003, 10:36 AM
grounded is where there is a connection to ground that should not exist.. a short circuit that means the battery is shorting and draining quickly.. its also possible that the short has damaged other components.. sorry, but the phone sounds a wee bit fuqd, and the amount of time spent fixing it, you could work in macdonalds for the same amount of time and buy another phone..

keep the battery and screen tho, you never know when you will be offered a 3310 with a smashed screen for next to 0 dollars :)

cypher1024
25-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the tip cjard. The thing is that it's a friend's phone, so I just wanted to try and fix it. I guess she'll have to buy another one!
Maybe I can convince her to let me keep the broken phone :p