PDA

View Full Version : Can i copy one flash from one phone to another ?

||Joe
30-06-2001, 09:38 PM
Hey there.

I tryed to take a copy of one 3310 (v.4.35) and flash anohter 3310(v.4.24)
But now it says "Sim card not accepted"
I'd used 0020000 for start adr. and 0040000 for end adr.
Can i get the phone working again, and how ?
What it i do wrong ?
I used flasher 1.00b and DEJAN kabel

PLEASE help, it's not my phone so i @!#$ up this time §:-(

||Joe
30-06-2001, 11:09 PM
You have just replace your fone EEPROM from adrress 003e0000 to 00400000 so your fone ID not correct so it's "say sim card rejected" you must store your backup copy before flash it. Use backup flashe It it's will work again. If you haven't a backup of your fone V4.24 so you must bring your fone to NOKIA care.They will flash your fone with new soft ware.
RGDS

||Joe
01-07-2001, 01:26 AM
........just full flash it with the right version ....and no problems

||Joe
01-07-2001, 01:32 AM
i don;t think he can now just only flash it with the correct file.
his phone will not work anymore only by using dejan box.
or bring it to the nearest nokia center.

||Joe
01-07-2001, 09:34 AM
Quang thao >
I'm afraid i don't have a backup of the phone, made before i fucked it up, Not so good §:-/
I wonder why Nokia Care can do it, if "we" can't ?

boga >
I tryed to flash it with another 4.24 full flash but that dosent work, it still says that the sim card not are accepted, so thats not the solution, thanx anyway §:-) BUT, if you (or anyone else) got a 4.24 full flash file that are working, i'll like to have a copy of it.
"Maybe i can do you a favour another day §:-)"

zbomberman >
"only by using dejan box or bring it to the nearest nokia center."
Do you have any suggestion's to what i can do to get it working again ?

Now i wonder. What do i do to flash a phone with another flash version.
Do i flash it with a partial flash file of a newer version ?
Can i use any partial flash file i for example download ?

For example i'v got a 7110 (V 04.84) and like to upgrade it with at least V 04.94 so i can get it working with FonSync by Nokia.

(Sorry my bad english)

||Joe
02-07-2001, 04:03 AM
Funman > Nokia Care can do it (changing MCU/PPM) and we can't because the Nokia Care or Nokia Service Centers have the right equipments to fix their nokia product. They won't be called a Noka Service Center for nothing.

You can't do the correct flashing because you (or I for that matter) don't have the right equipment to do it and perhaps experience in doing so.

The Dejan Flasher is a product of very resourceful and curious individual that's why he came up with a flasher interface which is actually a simplified copy of a FPS-4 Flash Box device.

Needless to say, the Dejan Flasher is the unofficial flashing interface for the Nokia mobiles used by individuals outside of the Nokia company and therefore can cause problems like loosing of signal.

||Joe
03-07-2001, 06:29 AM
Quang Thao: So your are saying that the phone will work with its original EEPROM? So we don't need to full flash it but only to flash it on the MCU&PPM addresses, is that right?
So why do we need full flash files?!????
:-)

||Joe
03-07-2001, 08:02 PM
Hi Roulis
In Nokia fone 3310 in they EEPROM have address 3e0000 to 400000 they have fone ID they compare it with data in COBBA chip. So when you replace COBBA chip or write anothe data to EEPROM so it will be display "Simcard not accepted"
But in address from 200000 to 3e0000 they have MCU and PPM check sum so when we replace it's. It's OK but your fone have "No network" and always reset if you set menu ringer type...If you replace it with the same Version and the same language so it's OK. The best way is you have NOKIA Dejan Box V.104 or you must bring it's to Nokia Service Center They have tool to do that (Price is 20USD).Who can help me where I can buy Nokia Dejan Box V1.04 or it's Schema.
Thank alots.
Quang Thao

||Joe
05-07-2001, 11:51 PM
mail me i have too many information to tell you where to buy this tool from.
the minum price is from 2500 USD and 4000 USD.

take care

||Joe
05-07-2001, 11:51 PM
mail me i have too many information to tell you where to buy this tool from.
the minum price is from 2500 USD and 4000 USD.

take care