PDA

View Full Version : must i use a (serial port) MBUS data cable for the FAID?

cjard
26-03-2003, 10:07 AM
i dont have one, you see.. but i do have a flash cable (parallel port)

can any software use a parallel flash cable to update the faid?

if not,, well, the cable is in 2 parts joined by what looks like a PS2 mouse connector, so i guess i'll have to get a bit to go from the serial port to the adapter bit that sits in the phone.. as far as i know, all the electronics are present in the parallel port plug and the phone adapter block is jsut a lump of plastic...

melakamobile
26-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Ya must use a com 1 data cable to update the faid!u can get at my web also!Bye

cyclo
26-03-2003, 02:10 PM
you cannot update FAID without the datacable, but you can buy a fairly cheap adapter that allows you to use the phoneconnectors that came with your flash cable as f/mbus cables.

phantom2002
27-03-2003, 12:34 PM
you could buy a dejan 1.05 flasher dongle and it updates the FAID automatically after flashing :)

But you can't do it with the standard LPT cables :(

You would still need to buy the serial port mbus cable with the correct (ps2 connector) as already suggested above.

Regards

Romeo26222
27-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I have an idea for you
If you will modify your flash file as adding tones etc just read the flash from your fone make you changes and kill the faid then flash it back to ur fone then no need to update the faid
but if you will upgrad it and will flash your fone with a new flash file(not the readed one) you should have Mbus cable to update the faid
Hope that helps

phantom2002
27-03-2003, 09:33 PM
yes that is also true (lol)