PDA

View Full Version : what's going on with nokiafree?

cyclo
26-03-2003, 02:16 PM
seemes like this has over the last few moths gone from a forum with people modding and flashing and trying to make new stuff to a forum with lots of people trading java applications for new nokia phones. It's a damn shame if you ask me.

Last I looked over half of the newest posts were people sharing or wanting somesort of java software for a new nokia. Or people asking for unlock codes. I used to enjoy this forum a whole lot, but lately I have found myself not bothering to check it, becuase I have to wade through so much "crap" (read. software piracy) before finding something interesting.
What happened to all of the cool phreakers? I miss the people who made this a great forum...

ryan_chong
26-03-2003, 02:42 PM
@cyclo

Well...u r rite.:)When i was a newbie here,there are lot of things i've learned from here.Nowdays,all seems like all the gurus and experts has gone...maybe there's something do to.Well,juz like they all...i'm so excited in the forum few months ago and keep posting everyday,but now the slowly goin off.Sometime bcoz i'm a bit lazy....:P But anyway,i'll try to keep on track.And u Cyclo,from the post u did,i think u've done a good job.Keep it up! :)

Thanks~

Al
26-03-2003, 03:58 PM
It's not so bad as it can be, not all experts and gurus gone ;) World changes, Nokia changes, people on this forum also changes .......

mekme
26-03-2003, 06:35 PM
maybe they got a job? ;) :D :P

-=TS=-
26-03-2003, 08:42 PM
@Cyclo
You are right. I'm not so intrested to check this forum out so often anymore, too.

I believe that the main reason for this "free-java-applications-and-games-here!" -crap is that we can't modify dct4 flashes, and dct3 is getting old. Maybe the old gurus are still browsing this forum, but they don't post anything because there is nothing new you can do to dct3 phones..

The other reason is fact, that it's more easier to download java games, than rip off a game from 7110 and putting it to 8210 (which is _almost_ impossible).

And finally, the gap between other phone manufacturers and Nokia isn't so big anymore. 2 years ago almost all had Nokia (at least here in Finland..), but now you can see almost as much SE:s and Siemens's as Nokias (Motorola is catching up too...).

So maybe the phone modifying era is ending soon, or then somebody has to discover the way to modify dct4 phones...

-TS

psgsm
26-03-2003, 11:17 PM
long live dct-3

i will always stick with a nokia dct-3 phone untill you are able to mod dct-4

long live to my 3310 !!!!

good post, very good post!

chunkhead
27-03-2003, 01:28 AM
I have to agree with cyclo! There is way to much crap on this forum! I mean back in the day if I had a problem, I would post it and be met with 20 or so replies! Now I'm struggling to get 10 views let alone replies! It seems no one is interested in it anymore!?

jigger
27-03-2003, 02:29 AM
cyclo has a very good point...but we have to realize that dct4 phones are getting cheaper and affordable...thats the reason of the influx of dct4 threads...i believe nokiafree will always be here given the emerging new technology...as long as nokdoc, g3, joox, Al, enzo, project z team, manon, liam, kontact, nokiaguru, sunny, tek and the like will not cease helping people out here, nokiafree will remain numero uno...i also firmly believe that folks from this forum will be the first to encrypt dct4...thats DDay we are all lookin forward to...but in the meantime, i do love tinkering with my dct3.:D

ryan_chong
27-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Yeah....everyone are get ready for DCT4 mod.......