PDA

View Full Version : Problems with backup of datas from Nokia 9210i

SEPET
28-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Please, help me! I have problems during backuping my datas to dte PC or MMC. I cannot copy file "contacts.cdb" - communicator display message: "file in use". I closed all programs, even restarted system before backup - and nothing.
File "contacts.cdb" is not possible to simple copy to te other folder. Please, help!
Mikołaj Rey, Poland
[email protected]
:confused:

FatBoy
29-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi,

you can not copy it that way at all because its in use by the phone itself, you have 2 choices:

1. make a "Back up to memory card" and then go to your memorycard > backup > system > date and copy it from there.

or

2. from the contacs, make a new database, for example "backupcontacts" and then copy all of your contacts to the new database, close the new database and get back to your default database.
Now you can go to c:system and find the file "backupcontacts" and copy it.

I hopy I could have been of some help.

FatBoy

lonegunman
29-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Try and d/l the latest P.C. suite for the 9210i are you using office XP as there is a bug which the lasest P.C. suite fixes, if this is no help then format the unit/memory card and start again.

SEPET
29-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Thank you very much for yours help, I will try it. Are there new version of PC Suite for WIndows XP Proffesional? If yes, where could I find it?
Thanks for advance,
Mikolaj
:cool:

lonegunman
29-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Check the nokia site for it.