PDA

View Full Version : this just aint going well at all!

cjard
29-03-2003, 10:01 AM
rolis 4.77 has some pretty weird bugs 9doesnt show many files in the file selector dialog.. certainly not all those that are present anyways.. and there are duplicate entries.. liike 2 of my computer??), but 478 is broken too.. i load the flashes into it, click flash and get the message:

this software is not for NT / 2000

userport.exe is running to bypass the NT security on ports access, and rolis is started from a shortcut that has compatibility mode turned onto windows98 compatibility layer... so it SHOULDNT know that its NT.. windows 2000 should report itself to be 98 when rolis asks :/

so i figure nevermind, lets try having a play
load up PPM edit.. load the ppm file in, ppmedit disappears. check the task list.. gone. hmms

so.. im looking for some software that will let me do all the cool things described here on either win2000 or dos (cos i got dos, just not win98) but pref win200 so i dont ahve to reboot this box. ta

Al
29-03-2003, 10:15 AM
To run Rolis Flasher under NT system no need to select compatibility mode (remove it), only userport needed. I use it under WinXP with userport, without compatibility mode and all is fine :). Also don't use compatibility mode for Rolis NokTools etc.
PPMEdit has a lot of bugs, especially cracked version 1.0a.

cjard
29-03-2003, 11:23 AM
ill give that a go, cos dang.. knok95 has been reading my phone for the past 20 minutes.. (full read)