PDA

View Full Version : Convert 3330 to 3410 Possible?

obeids
30-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi! I just wanted some info from some of the masters here.
I Do cellphone repairs, and i noticed that the last 3330 s have the same board of the 3410( with the extra buttons). i wanted to know whether it is possible to upgrade the 3330 to a 3410 and obviously change the Lcd Board.

Another thing i wanted to know is: I saw in the flash of a 3330 the words like calendar, january , february etc etc. isnt it possible somehow to avtivate the calendar in the phone?

There must be somehow to copy some features from one fones flash to another phone. Cause how does nokia make some flashes with eg. calendar and other without.

Maybe if we could remove some features like games and put in something else. Guys that are playing with WINARM should beable to do this. I got the prog but dont understand how to use it.

All the words r in the ppm. all we need to do is activate the features.

I do hope somebody understands what im trying to say.
With this we can make our own type of phones!!:rolleyes:

Please e-mail me with answers at : [email protected]

gkagg
30-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by obeids
Hi! I just wanted some info from some of the masters here.
I Do cellphone repairs, and i noticed that the last 3330 s have the same board of the 3410( with the extra buttons). i wanted to know whether it is possible to upgrade the 3330 to a 3410 and obviously change the Lcd Board.

Another thing i wanted to know is: I saw in the flash of a 3330 the words like calendar, january , february etc etc. isnt it possible somehow to avtivate the calendar in the phone?

There must be somehow to copy some features from one fones flash to another phone. Cause how does nokia make some flashes with eg. calendar and other without.

Maybe if we could remove some features like games and put in something else. Guys that are playing with WINARM should beable to do this. I got the prog but dont understand how to use it.

All the words r in the ppm. all we need to do is activate the features.

I do hope somebody understands what im trying to say.
With this we can make our own type of phones!!:rolleyes:

Please e-mail me with answers at : [email protected]

My friend the conversion fromn 3330 to 3410 cannot be done because of the difference in the hardware. 3330 has 2MB of RAM whereas 3410 has 4MB. So up to the time we speak this is impossible..

Cheers!

chunkhead
31-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Yep, that's almost correct! The 3330 has 4mb RAM, but it has 2MB of SDRAM and 2MB Of DDRAM! So as a result you can not upgrade to a 3410, but you can upgrade to 3350! This is a cool phone! Just buy a 3410 screen and flash 3350 software to it! Crisis over!

CHEERS!

Al
31-03-2003, 08:26 AM
By hardware upgrade ??? LCD + RAM, 3410 has UB4_12 PCB, and I think, if 3330 has extra keys, it also can be upgraded to 3410, but this will be very difficult (need to change RAM IC)

obeids
06-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks to all of u guys there for Your info. I wanted to know how do u check how much memory does the phone have? I tried to flash a 3330 to 3410 flash, it comes on then goes off instantly. But thanks guys for your help. Please check out my other thread about an 8850 that does not flash. I need u masters guide:)

luther
24-04-2003, 11:01 AM
just tried to experiment with my 3310. i changed the LCD, flash IC, and RAM, then flash it with a 3410 firmware including the eeprom. and it works...... but the problem came out when i unlock the phone, it restarts and displays contact service.
but somehow i tried to browse it for about 1 minute till is restarts then ............ contact service!!!
can somebody help me analyze the problem regarding this.....

Al
24-04-2003, 11:11 AM
@luther
Looks like incorrect checksum somewhere.......

luther
24-04-2003, 11:04 PM
@ al
thanks!:d