PDA

View Full Version : Bad news :0(

||Joe
29-05-2001, 01:29 PM
Bad news :
Nokia has told me to stop my work.
Some guys were searching for my address.

So i've got to stop this project.
I did not want to do anything illegal, as
i've told them, so i'll stop my project right now before it hurts. Please delete any web occurence of my tool.

Cya, Viper BJK

Ice Dragon
30-05-2001, 04:33 AM
A real shame really. Viper's project might as well be on the right track leading to changing the MCU/PPM version of the phone and Nokia is forced to take down the project.

But the world needs people like Viper who use their talent not for money but to satisfy their quest for knowledge, to quench that intellectual thirst.

Nokia might as well offer Viper a job to work for them. In the span of a few weeks, Viper had decoded and is gaining ample knowledge of the workings of Nokia's flash program.

If Nokia decides to slam some legal actions against Viper, it's like stopping a non-Christian guy from reading and learning the Bible. Or maybe a non-Muslim guy from studying the Koran, or guys who want to understand Budhism, etc.

Nokia might let Viper pursue his research with the project but wont allow him to publish it. But Viper needs input from others to further his research. And so others who share the same interest. Truly, no man is an island.

If only there could be some "leak" of Viper's upto date source code of his NFREE 1.2 prototype, and every programmer agrees to further the research in the spirit of "open source development": meaning, any useful findings or features added are to be fully documented and publish publicly. Like the Linux OS, the best example for "open source" project.

So, since Nokia had "commanded" Viper to stop the NFREE Project, Viper should stop the project to avoid legal actions from Nokia AND might as well release the source code to some of his contributors to the project as a sign of appreciation and goodwill during the research.

This might release Viper from further legal actions from Nokia. And to those "contributors" who receive the source code, if only their greed for money won't overcome their thirst for knowledge (that is if there are greedy programmers out there which I think none), will release the source code to various free sites like mobile.box.sk. and refrain from posting the project materials to sites which are "for members only" or "pay as you surf" or software exchange sites, the NFREE Project might be large enough to be taken down again.

Only then, there will be a day when the NFREE Project will be released with the MCU/PPM changing feature, IMEI changing feature, or could lead to a totally functional NFREE Flash or NFREE OS for the Nokia. So that someday, all we have to do is buy Nokia mobile phones, download flash programs to our phones like we download shareware programs to our PCs. We no longer have to worry if our phones are SP-locked, SIM-locked or whatever-locked, but our Nokia Phones will truly be a product of Human Technology, technology of the free human, not the commercial human.

All this can be achieved if we work as a team, give and take, and thus our interest in our Nokia phones will live up to Nokia Mobile Phones' slogan: "Connecting People".

P.S. Viper BJK, you have become one of the mobile phone living legends. More power!

||Joe
30-05-2001, 06:28 AM
Kudos to you Viper BJK..

You made Nokia shivers and afraid to your exceptional talent. Your promising project deserves to be louded. Why only you? Why not dejan's nor Zulea's. Absolutely because you've got the talent and the HEART more than these persons.

Hope you'll keep up the good works.