PDA

View Full Version : 5210 HARDWARE Problem. NEED HELP!!!

luN
31-03-2003, 01:26 PM
hi... after changing all the LEDS of my 5210, it appears "contact service".. and i feel that the CCONT get hot... is there anything wrong or is a short-circuit? but i'd tried searching whether there is any solder wire or any things contacted, but there's not even a single tiny piece of them.... weird..~ flashing? i'd also tried to flash, but fail, coz "can prepare phone" in knok. Tried with rolis, also fail... and when i use eeprom tools, it say can read msid or similar..plz give me some idea and help me out... THANKS>!!!! hope you can understand my broken english..

adrianpopa
31-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Hmmm. Are the leds working? Sometimes the solder metal spreads under the led causing short circuits . If the leds are off after u turn it on then check carefully the pcb.

luN
31-03-2003, 03:55 PM
all the LEDS are working perfectly... i heard someone says that overheat will also cause other components damage... if it does, what usually damage? can it still be repaired? expensive?
thanks again~!

adrianpopa
31-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Yes, the overheating can cause damage to the pcb or some parts. The fact that the leds work means that there's no short circuit , at least at on the surface u worked on . Check other areas of the pcb, especially around the "hot" area.

pico
31-03-2003, 05:12 PM
use b-phreaks eeprom tools software to test the phone. you will see why you have contact service..

Romeo26222
31-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by pico
use b-phreaks eeprom tools software to test the phone. you will see why you have contact service..

sometimes Eeprom tools can't detect Damaged fones...it did it with 3330 with me today

pico
31-03-2003, 06:36 PM
never failed for me, neither has wintesla which i used before eeprom tools came out.

Romeo26222
31-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by pico
never failed for me, neither has wintesla which i used before eeprom tools came out.
I think if there is a BIG hardware failer it cannot connect to the fone:confused:

pico
01-04-2003, 12:05 AM
did you check cable/connection? also try clean contacts on cable & phone.
i did read one time someone had broken tracks somewhere on a bus line in the phone...

also when trying to convert 3330 to 3410 i couldnt get m bus connectivity, someone said me that it mayB m bus controlling part of the software (mcu) had failed to load...

luN
01-04-2003, 10:29 AM
dear pals, thanks a lot for your replies... i relly appricieate it... but till now, i still can't figure out what's the problem... sometimes it can be on(with "contact service") and sometimes can't... yes, the CCONT is hot when is turn on.... when i use eeprom tools, i says can read phone MiSd... any other clue? i think most probably is damage on other parts... can be s short ciucuit also... can i clean the whole board? and with what?

ryan_chong
01-04-2003, 01:22 PM
@LuN

Firstly,r u use blower to change the Led's?If ya,it's recommended dun do it again next time coz using blower might cause problem like this.Use two solder will be much better although it's slower.

U can clean ur 5210 PCB board wit methylated spirit and thinner also can but dun use it too much...
But i dun think it can be solved wit juz cleaning the PCB board...but try give it a try. :)

Hope this can help....

Thanks~ :)

luN
02-04-2003, 03:35 PM
@ryan_chong

A blower? I don't really know what is that... I'm outdate huh? but here, usually people use just a normal 15-30W soldering iron. i use that too, and this is the 1st time i did such mistake after modifying almost 20 of them... diffrents models... spirit? are you sure? but i saw one of my friend uses WD-40 to clean it. can you explain what a blower is or maybe give me a link of that. What's it purpose? also something like soldering iron? and how bout the one for changing IC's? what you call that?
Thanks..~

pico
02-04-2003, 05:06 PM
if ccont ic had been heated before, underfilled balls may have shorted after cooling of the pcb..

you can remove the ic with a hot air rework station, it is not easy but you can find good guides in the net, even in this forum.

i think its even more tricky to refit the ic, maybe another tool. again try search

as for wd-40 lol:D

luN
03-04-2003, 08:04 AM
i also think that most probably is the CCONT have shorted. how about changing the IC? where can i get that IC? and what if refit it? i really dunno these at all.. i mean changing IC and so on...
WD-40? haha lol'z see
www.wd40.com
it's kind of penerating oil...
thanks anywhere.>~

ryan_chong
03-04-2003, 12:34 PM
@LuN

Hmm.....blower = Hot air station(picture attached).
Some ppls use blower to change the LED's and the blower might cause some of the ic over heated....i tot u were using blower.. ;)
Yeahi'm sure u can use spirit and thinner to clean up the PCB board....bout WD40...err...i never heard bout it b4 :(
But no worries,spirit won't damage ur phone..:)
To change the CCONT ic,u must use blower to do so and sure u'll some good technic too but sorry coz i can't help u on this...my brother doin the hardware repairing so i'm not sure bout this.It's kinda hard too if u never experince it b4...
Bout where to get the CCONT,u can try to find it at any mobile spare parts dealers,i'm not sure where to get at ur place.

Hope i can help u this time...:)

Thnanks~

ryan_chong
03-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Sorry....forgot the pic..... :P

luN
05-04-2003, 04:04 AM
@ryan_chong

Thanks a lot! at least i got some info from you, and know that there are parts for sale... erm.. I didn't know that a blower can use to change LEDs! that's great... you means it's tip or the head of that blower are changeble? example, for LEDs, you need a small tip to do it rite? so how much a blower cost, approx here in Malaysia?

ryan_chong
05-04-2003, 12:35 PM
No problem...:)

Yeah...u can change the LED's by blower but it;s recommended dont use blower!coz i might cause other is's over heated...
Blower can make it faster but it's risky....

Thanks~