Romeo26222
01-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Hello
I need to know why to change IMEI's for some fones...and why after changing it I should update the faid?and where is IMEI is located in eeprom or where?
thanx
thanasis
01-04-2003, 06:01 PM
when you use a full flash from another phone you have to change the IMEI and update faid if you don't do the phone reboot and don't geet signal.i thing IMEI is in eeprom but i am not sure
lonegunman
01-04-2003, 10:30 PM
IMEI is stored in the eeprom on DCT-3 phones twice, once in pain numbers and once in XOR 0x65 for Security, now you only need to change one of them to make a barred phone work, this I have tested for a laugh:D , why update FAID because its a security thing, don't ask me what as I don't know.
IMEI on DCT-4 phones as far as I know is stored in 2 or 3 places, one is on the UEM chip and the rest I would say is in the eeprom, not 100% on this but thats my guess.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.