PDA

View Full Version : Free Calls!

hyper24
06-04-2003, 05:48 AM
about a year ago i decided to do some work on the subject bout trying to make free calls using the 555 emergency number, i download nokia 8210 software to my comp, used a hex editor, searched for da string 555, and changed it to 556, i then flashed my fone with the new software, and if i put 555 into my fone and press dial it says emergency calls only, but if u put 556 into the phone it goes to attempting emergency calls, but it still goes to da same emergency service centre, so this means even if you could change 555 to just say ur girlfriends mobile number, u would type in 0421569124 but it would still go to the emergency service number, da only thing i can think of is that 555 is not actually the number the phone dials but 555 is like a hotkey so wen you dial 555 it realy dials 9337658, but then this means every country would have a different number and that number would be stored on the network so im guessing this method is impossible to make free calls, anyone got any thoughts or ideas on this?

Gyurci
06-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Hehe, funny :D

pico
06-04-2003, 11:04 AM
what a load of bs..

newcasper
06-04-2003, 06:22 PM
@hyper24
nice trial
I am sorry I can not help but I hope that experts can help
but again u think in a very nice way
I like ur way in thinking
sorry 4 my bad english

omercelik
09-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Hi

In my opinion, its not about the flash file. Because in my country you can only call 118 emergency with the same phone. Its about the network...

pico
09-04-2003, 05:31 PM
thats what i reply when the guy pm me :)
to dial emergency services, its a free call. no matter if its from cell or landline.

btw, which emergency service number in flash would you change?
its not even stored as a string ;)
only "attempting emergency call.."

cyclo
01-05-2003, 02:21 AM
the emergency number is programed both in the phone and in the network. So even if you manage to change the number programmed in the phone you will not get free calls....

yjagota
01-05-2003, 06:35 AM
The emergency numbers are nothing, but routers or shortcuts. They are like sms service numbers. Take a example: You can send "Movies" to 8888 all over india to get the info about your city's theatres. Now whereever you are, your network stores locale specific info about the shortcut, and as soon as you send 8888 to the sms service center, the shortcut redirects it to the phone nearest to your city.

Emergency numbers are the same, you don't want to dial 555 from America and get help from Europe!! do you?? As soon as you dial the shortcut, the network redirects you the nearest emergency station according to your location. (Just like call transfer).

The sim has nothing to do with it, as it just stores the shortcut number.