PDA

View Full Version : 8850 Flash problems

obeids
06-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi!
I got a nokia 8850. it was working 100%. it went dead and i tried to flash it. once it took the flash and came on, but when i closed it it was dead. ever since i tried flashing it it gives me the following error: with rolis 4.78 (Flash erase check)
with lead knok phoenix (cannot annylize fone or if i try to erase complete flash it says flash erased , cannot restart MCU!

Please can someone help me out of this mess im in!

I would be so glad if anyone can help me.

Also i wanted to know how can u repair a water damage phone. What is the best way of doing it.:)

xqz
09-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by obeids

Also i wanted to know how can u repair a water damage phone. What is the best way of doing it.:)

The best thing to do is trying to clean it first. Just let the print soak in isopropanol (95% pure alcohol) for a couple of hours/days.
For this you have to open the phone first.

you can find a detailed description of this at:
http://www.mobilespares.co.uk/shtml/88508890dismantle.shtml

Do note that you have to take off the speaker and the display before soaking it in alcohol. For extra thorough cleaning you can
use a fine paintbrush to get under the smd ic's.

After you've done this, update the phone's software, update the
faid and check it out. If it still fails it's probably due to faulty hardware.

regards,
allard.

obeids
11-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the good advice on how to repair the phones.:cool:

Keep up the good work guys!!

pico
11-04-2003, 08:58 PM
hi,
i'm pretty sure you have a flat battery mate :)

try leaving it on charge over night, even if no battery charge indicator is displayed, still leave it on charge and see.

as good practice, when you need to "power on" the phone to beging flashing; instead of pressing the power button, just plug in your charger.
saves battery and eliminates flash erase errors (due to low battery).