PDA

View Full Version : New tool to convert RTTF into *.RE

ludoz
01-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Hi.

I've posted a tool to convert tones from RTTF to .RE to use them in PPMFIX. It's on the File exchange area, CONVERT.EXE. Take a look and hope it will be useful.

Uploaded file: convert.exe (./uploads/convert.exe)

mehdi
02-04-2002, 01:21 AM
man can you give me source !
i'll integrate it to my ringtone manager

ludoz
02-04-2002, 07:26 AM
Hi again,

Sorry, I've uploaded a bad version. Here it is the right one, renamed to version 0.2.

Regards,

Uploaded file: convert.exe (http://nokiafree.org/download.php?file=convert.exe)

Jubri
02-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi ludoz, and gracias! ;-)

and what about mehdi says???, i think it's a good idea to integrate both programs..

Salu2!

spider-x
03-04-2002, 02:14 PM
I a'm also testing my tone converter to re written in visual basic my i will upload it as soon as I correct some errors :grin:

Abe
05-04-2002, 01:09 AM
And what about convertin RE files into RTTL format? ;-)))))

ludoz
07-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Hi!

New version, 0.3

Now it can convert from RTTF and also from OTT files (that ones generated with Nokia PC Composer).

Also some bugs fixed.

Take a look and report bugs/wishes here or by mail.
And if you have aditional info about .RE or about .MID, please tell me. :)

About RE to RTTF: It's hard to do, because lenghts of notes are not always in a musical format. Converting from a length in musical format to a number using the "tempo" it's easy. Doing it from number to musical format without the tempo is hard to do.

Uploaded file: convert03.exe (/download.php?file=convert03.exe)

cliffordb
18-04-2002, 06:07 PM
Hi

Can someone mail me this software i cannot download it from here or could you post a link to it the above links dont work.

Thanks

ludoz
18-04-2002, 07:07 PM
Hi!

There are problems downloading convert03.exe from here, so I am re-uploading it now.

Here you are,

regards.

StRanger
19-04-2002, 12:30 PM
hi there

Just a few words 'bout this nice little proggy - if you make *.re with toneid greater than 0x80, you will no hear sound when call incoming.

And agan thanx to author for nice job, it's _really_ doing better than flashtone. And free :)

Vinny
20-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Actually there is another method to convert .re to .rttl and rttl to re. but its not that simple. it uses the program called mygnokii.

To make .re from rttl
You first upload the .rttl/rtx/txt to your phone then download it again from the phone via mygnokii in binary form. That's it it's in .re.

To make .rttl from .re
You first upload the .re to your phone using mygnokii software in binary form then download it again from the phone via mygnokii in normal/rttl form. That's it it's in .rttl/rtx/txt

then use a hexeditor with the .re files to append them to the tone block

Hope this helps...

btw mygnokii has loads of features aside from the ringtones.

Liam
20-04-2002, 11:47 PM
please attach or link to mygnokki, i have this software somewhere, but i cant find it... :confused:

StRanger
21-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi there

the link is
http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/english/zips/mygnokii_win32.zip

blu90
27-04-2002, 04:31 AM
Hi!!!
i tried using mygnokii to get ringtone and save it in bin format, but everytime i save the ringtone it shows save in "smart messaging format". there is no other option..when i tried to look at the file with hexeditor, its a rttl format..

pls help!?!:(

StRanger
27-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi there

I don't use mygnokii for change ringtone. convert03 makes nice conversion to binary. Then I use PPMManager by From_Vanov and
just append *.re to flash, update CRC, flash phone, and enjoy new melodies :)

I've 5110 with 50 custom melodies, sounds pretty cool.

spida_singh
28-04-2002, 08:46 PM
hi,nice prog,but how do u actually use it?

everytime i run it,it jus keeps running a small doz program,then exits??

Cheers!

Spida!

StRanger
29-04-2002, 07:49 AM
hi there

try to read help and error message from it. command string must be something like: "convert.exe 032 hear "Heart" < Heart.txt > heart.re"

Liam
29-04-2002, 08:13 AM
dont run the exe directly, open a Command Prompt and run it from that.

Is there going be a Windows version of this software or at least a simple Shell made for it?? I am sure one of you wonder programmers can knock something up in less than an hour?

Spaghetti
29-04-2002, 04:20 PM
This tool work great!:D

Now I'd like to share my *.re files with other
;)

Someone interested?

spida_singh
25-05-2002, 05:31 PM
hi i tried it out,but all i keep getting is tone mus be in range from 0.....255??

what am i doing wrong??

cheers!

Spida

ludoz
28-05-2002, 09:07 AM
This error message appears because the first parameter you pass to "convert" is not a number in a range 0..255 as expected for a ToneID. Remember the sintaxis for the program:

convert TONEID SHORTNAME LONGNAME < inputfile > outputfile

for example:

convert 127 "ABCD" "MY SONG IS VERY NICE" < file1.ott > file1.re
convert 0x4E QWER QWERTY < file2.ott > file2.re

Regards,

stevewap
01-06-2002, 01:54 AM
this is a great thread....

one thing....how can i convert an rtttl .txt ringtone into .OTT format?

cheers dudes

stevewap