PDA

View Full Version : 3650 or 7250?



memphisneo
09-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Whish should i buy? Any suggestion?
Advantages and disavantages?

wozza
09-04-2003, 05:07 PM
7250 is nicer imo :P

Edison
10-04-2003, 08:08 AM
May I know why pls?
All I know is that 3650 has an MMC and that's the big difference, do you agree?

knoteasy25
10-04-2003, 08:11 AM
I am new to this thing. Is there anyway to transfer data to or from my nokia 3650 without paying the server such as using the ir port?
How do i unblock the 3650 to take other sims?
Finally which is better the 7210 or 3650?
Please give me some advice.

Edison
10-04-2003, 09:09 AM
You can use Infrared or Bluetooth using PC Suite for 3650. You can download it from Nokia website and it's about 30Mb or send the CD request form for 3650.
Search Al's thread for Unlocking using IMEI and Provider code.

vip3r
10-04-2003, 05:13 PM
the 3650 has way better features than the 7250 (checkout the nokia site!). but i think some might choose the 7250 over 3650 because of the size, the 7250 is smaller and it can fit in that small righthand side pocket of your jeans.

which is better? it depends on ur needs. after using an 8210, im used to small phones. thats why i chosed 7210 over the 7650. im waiting for nokia to make their symbian phones as small as 7210 or 6100, then ill buy it:D

marty_33
10-04-2003, 11:14 PM
NOKIA 7250 MATE WAY BETTER

DaveGSM82
11-04-2003, 02:33 PM
agreed, 7250 rocks. especialy radio through the loudspeaker, and poly rings, and camera, and 5.5Mb mem pool, and size, and..... well you get the jist.

oh yea, and more than ONE day with normal usage (on a single charge) actualy about 3.5 days with radio on for a couple of hours each day too, not as good as my 6510 but hey, its colour, its allowed to be a bit greedier.

Dave.

Edison
12-04-2003, 02:01 AM
The big advantage of 3650 is the MMC, that's how i look at it.

SirLouBeng
02-05-2003, 11:28 PM
IMO, the only advantage that 7250 have & cant found in 3650 is the size. 3650 have everything that 7250 have & more(bluetooth, video recording) is u really need to compare, goto nokia site & do the comparing there(they have this function). but ppl mostly go for 7250 cause "size does matter". But I prefer 3650 cause I like the feature(which can take video clip, MMC up to 128MB & support "BlackList"& ........):D

wozza
03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
SE P800 :)

yjagota
03-05-2003, 07:19 AM
I too was myself confused with the very same question. I compared the two phones and I found that there is nothing that 7250 is over 3650 in features.

3650 is better than 7250 in the following areas:[list=1] Resolution (7250:128 x 128 pixels, 3650:176 x 208 pixels)
Symbian OS
Support for Wav Files
Ringtone Composer
Photo Album
Video functions
External memory on 3V MMC memory card
Bluetooth
Symbian games
Pricing for the given features over 7250[/list=1]
But 7250 scores over 3650 in the following areas:[list=1] Looks & Styling (The styling of 3650 is very awkward)
Size
Weight
Practical use of the given features
Ease of use
Durability (A very big issue, you don't know your 3650 will work if it falls from a high place)[/list=1]
The conclusion is: If you love to play with your phone and change your phone applications and games daily, 3650 is the phone for you, but if you need a daily use phone for being in touch with your close ones, there is no match for 7250, and as for me, I'm the latter one and finally I have decided to purchase 7250.

Regards,
Yogesh.

wozza
03-05-2003, 08:45 AM
ah but the SE P800 does all the N3650 does, and more.. Its a tad more expensive, but its worth it for the extra features and the nice design.

yjagota
03-05-2003, 12:30 PM
@ wozza
I think the question here is which is better, 7250 or 3650? But anyway, you had your opinion...I think you love SE P800, don't you?? Well you have your reasons for it. I too think it is the best phone in the sony range. :( Unluckily it has'nt gone one sale in india yet...:(

fyxnuuk
03-05-2003, 01:40 PM
i go for 3650

Yotamz
03-05-2003, 01:50 PM
try looking here
http://www.gsmarena.com/

in this site there is an option to campare 2 phones, so you can see the difference between them.

wozza
03-05-2003, 07:19 PM
@yjagota

I think i love it.. Yeah.. Its amazing. Shame its not on sale. I'm just trying to broaden his views, he seems to have "must.. have... nokia" syndrome which lots of ppl have (i, myself, am a self confessed ex-sufferer :P)

Shame the P800 dont have profiles (WTF) or T9 (altho i hear the new firmware does)

yjagota
05-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Hey wozza,
I was wrong, P800 is available in India. Just had to make some phone calls. But the price is too high. 7250 is Rs 26,000.00 and P800 is Rs. 38,000.00. That is over 45% extra!!! Woops...

wozza
05-05-2003, 09:02 AM
yeah i had the same dilemma. £295 for 7250 or £430 for a P800, so i went to the shop and tried out the P800, and just fell in love with it. Even if you're not gonna buy one you should go and demo one :)

yjagota
06-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Yup, Checked one, and really fell in love with it. But it has the same very problem with 3650/7650, size and weight, too much...The phone is a beauty. But it too shares the same problem with 3650/7650, you hold the phone next to your ears, it looks like you are holding a handheld. Too big phone just for daily use...

wozza
06-05-2003, 03:28 PM
thats where bluetooth headset comes in, lol.. I like my phone to do loads, and im willing to sacrafice size/weight for that.. puuurfect :)

Unique
06-05-2003, 05:49 PM
I got the 7250. I also wondered about the 3650, so I bought the 3650. I now use both, if i am intend to be somewhere dull i bring my 3650, if i am going out i bring my 7250.

The 3650 wins at EVRYTHING apart from the looks.

John

DaveGSM82
06-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Thats funny, my 7250 is better in the dark than my mates 7650. refresh rate seems slower but I think that is cos the 7250 uses passive matrix display instead of TFT which the 3/7650's use, tft is faster but exremely power hungry (hence the superior battery life of the 7250).

I love the 7250 its not symbian unfortunately but it is purely functional and good at what it does, plus its weekend job is not a house brick, more like a sleek matchbox.

;-}

Dave.