PDA

View Full Version : Best way of discharging battery



Don73
12-04-2003, 10:45 AM
What is the best way to quickly discharge your Nokia phone's battery without causing possible damage to it or be inconvenient?

I hate it when I have one bar left on my phone and I want it to go empty so that I can start charging it again.

I know that the new batteries/phones are surpose to handle charging while they are still have battery power but I like to discharge the battery to be sure.

Should I leave the screen lamp on, play games, listen to radio.. etc. ???

Please help,

Don73:D

maddog
12-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Anyway you just described should do the job, especially the Radio if you have one. (On 7210's etc Play it through the loudspeaker coz that uses more power). Also if you have a free test number to call keep ringing that.

Twister
12-04-2003, 06:16 PM
If the battery is old (1-1.5 year-old), you can buy a Li-Ion Battery.

pico
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
hi,
use the batteries mAh rating (mili amps per hour) with its given talk time to work out current flow in one hour of discharge.

use Ohms law to determine a suitable resistor value to draw this current from the battery.

ohms law states:
voltage = current x resistance
therefore
resistance needed = voltage / current

it may damage the battery to leave it go completely empty, so you can use some diode in series with this resistor so there is always some charge left in the battery. depends what diode you choose..

now just add a lamp to the circuit and you will have 1 hour discharger with battery protection and discharge indicator :)
maybe house inside a scrap phone housing?

this is very generic as each model may have different mAh rating, standby times, voltage..