PDA

View Full Version : Replace T9 language

phone-crash
18-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi there,

I am trying to replace the Czech T9 language dictionary in my 6210 with a Slovak T9 dictionary which I riped of the Nokia 3330 v4.50 PPM language set. Well Nfree tels me that checksums are OK but when I upload it and calculate FAID with B-freak's Nokiatool 3.0 the phone still restarts after 30sec. and in the dictionarysubmenu of write message I get english language twice.

There is something strange about it. When I controled the original flash the size before each T9 library chunk is two bytes higher. I.e. when I add the size to the starting point (which is directly after the chunk name GERM, ENGL, CZEC or SLVA) then I get the position where the second letter of next languege chunk is. I.e. n from ENGL or L from SLVA. Is this normal. I have also corrected the size of the hole LDB chunk because the Slovak dictionary is a bit larger. Then I corrected the checksum and the rest I wrote in the begining.

Any ideas? /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

phone-crash

phone-crash
20-03-2002, 05:13 PM
What happened? Are starting to develope your own OS for the phones or did you change to Siemens or Alcatel?

I think that some people here are so lazy to search in the board. It's much easier to start a thread.

OK, than I try to help myself.

phone-crash

Jan Svedin
21-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Hello phone-crash,

I needed swedish T9 in my 6150 P5.23 but since I couldn't find any P5.23 with swedish T9 (does this exist?) I instead used the LDB from a 6210 v3.01A (which includes swedish). I found some useful info regarding PPM structures etc published at http://www.geocities.com/nok5rev/ppm.html.

I downloaded the modifed P5.23C using Dejan Flaher and succesfully updated the FAID using B-Phreaks Logger + Calculator. (I first tried to update FAID using EepromTools but then got the 30s restart problem).

Now I just need to figure out how to activate Net monitor in the display using P5.23 (it works with earlier versions) ..

-jan

Jan Svedin
21-03-2002, 02:22 PM
Hello phone-crash,

I needed swedish T9 in my 6150 P5.23 but since I couldn't find any P5.23 with swedish T9 (does this exist?) I instead used the LDB from a 6210 v3.01A (which includes swedish). I found some useful info regarding PPM structures etc published at http://www.geocities.com/nok5rev/ppm.html.

I downloaded the modifed P5.23C using Dejan Flaher and succesfully updated the FAID using B-Phreaks Logger + Calculator. (I first tried to update FAID using EepromTools but then got the 30s restart problem).

Now I just need to figure out how to activate Net monitor in the display using P5.23 (it works with earlier versions) ..

-jan

phone-crash
22-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Hallo Jan,

I know this site. It was very helpfull also for me. So you say B-Phreaks Logger + Calculator. OK, i'll check it.

With the netmonitor did you try simple Logomanager (any version). That's what I was afraid that they will remove the netmonitor or at least disable to pull down the information from netmonitor over a clasicall MBUS cable.

phone-crash

Jan Svedin
25-03-2002, 01:15 PM
Hello Phone-crash,

I should have been more accurate; I can get Netmonitor to work using e.g. Logomanager but I cannot figure out how to activate Netmonitor in the phone menu. It used to work in 5.23. Maybe they use a new address in EEprom for this ?..

-jan

phone-crash
26-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi Jan,

so I still didn't succeded in upgrading my 6210 with slovak T9. I still have the problem to get dictionary working. Do you think that it is possible to upgrade PPM only without the MCU, PMM and EEPROM section. When I'm experimenting with fullflash it takes to much time to pump up the file into the phone.

Well activating the Netmonitor is just a question of sending the correct commands over MBUS. When you get the info visible in Logomanager it should be possible to activate it on the same way.

phone-crash