PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Trouble with MMS and Vodafone Live website



Keith Coles
12-04-2003, 07:19 PM
I cant seem to get the MMS part of my phone (N6610) working.

GPRS is working fine (I even have it working through my Palm) so its obviously something daft that I have done.

I have tried the auto set up on the vodafone website with no luck (Being on singlepoint I am wondering if I have one of the settings wrong though the site says its accessible from other networks I dont think that should be the problem --- dont know if singlepont and vodafone are quite the same though I presume they are so I may be talking bunkum)

My settings are as follows.

Allow Multimedia reception - in home network
Incoming Multimedia messages - retrieve
Connection settings -
Homepage - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
Session Mode - Permenant
Data Bearer - GPRS
IP address - 212.183.137.012
Authentication type - Normal
User Name - [email protected]
Password - blank

I have excluded GPRS info as like I said seems to be OK.

I have tried sending to another phone user and email address and its failed on both counts.

The other problem I am getting is with Vodafone live, on going to the download ringtones section and choosing polyphonic I get the message in short "Sorry your phone doesnt support polyphonic you can still download the regular ringtones go to the bottom of the page for a link to these" on going to that link I get the message in short again "Your device supports polyphonic ringtones go to the link below to download the latest tones" and on going to this link it goes back to the previous page and like oroborus I go around and around and around.

It works OK on club nokia but as this site has discontinued with its credit system its not much use to me.

Its doing my head in. Please Please help

Regards,

Keith