PDA

View Full Version : @Master of Nokia-Please help-DCT-4 Flasher Cable

DNewbies
03-04-2002, 10:44 AM
To all the master/veteran out there. Is there anyway I can buy a DCT-4 (such as 8310)flashing cable?Can't find any of them in the net? Thanks alot all master/veteran.

Leandros
03-04-2002, 03:57 PM
hey

first of all: I'm not a master although my rank pronounces it ;-)
but I think no one ever will be or is a master if he's honsest to himself - there are only people knowing certain things and they're ofen regarded as the "masters" by people don't knowing these things - you can maybe think that I think that that's completely false.
and believe me: it doesn't take a master to know where to buy cables :smile:

to your question:
I don't know anything about DCT-4 generation Nokia phones, by the while I've never had one in my hands, but I do know that there is a PS/2 connector to your flasher cable (and that autoswitched F/Mbus one) fitting to Nokia 8310. I've seen this at ucables.com.

but as far as I know you'll have to wait untill software is out there for flashing your DCT-4 generation mobile because there's nothing besides Phönix (the software from Nokia) and with that you need some special hardware.

by the while: does anyone know for what the acronyme "DCT" actually stands for? :smile:

best regards,

Leandros

Eilermark
04-04-2002, 02:54 AM
@Leandros: For the newcomers all the veterans are 'MASTERS'. I think DNewbies is a person with manners :razz:

I will call Iccang, Abe, NokDoc, Yasser, Mehdi, ofcoz Leandros and all others i forgot to mention, MASTERS too :grin:

Shopping_Guide
04-04-2002, 03:59 AM
DCT = Discrete Cosine Transform ?
I'm not sure. Double check please

Iccang
04-04-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi guys..

AFAIK if you wanna flash your DCT-4 phone, you need hardware like FLS-8 and Phoenix for the software. And someone in the net was offer to me sell the FLS-8, but he just reply for the seriously buyer. So, about the phoenix, One of my friend from nokia centre at my country, promise to me will give me that software if I have a FLS-8. Now, I just collect my money to buy FLS-8. And I promise, if I have phoenix, I'll share to U all... :smile:

BR,
Iccang
=======

Eilermark
04-04-2002, 11:58 AM
@Iccang: What is exactly FLS-8?

Thanks for willing to share with others!

:: sunny ::
04-04-2002, 12:24 PM
HI
@ICCANG: what is the cost of FLS-8?and is it only work for 8310 ?

davieb1
04-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Well, put it this way - You probably could flash it given the correct s/w but the flashes are encrypted and the hash's/algo's changed - so until someone on the inside gives us a little help here we're in the dark...

B.r.

P.s. Hey leandros, how are you? :smile:

Leandros
04-04-2002, 01:27 PM
@DavieB

hey Davie!
how are you? :smile:

why don't you use your old credentials (DavieB and your email adress) for requesting an autogenerated password?
if you do this, you will save your nick and rank ;-)

btw., do you know where to get 8850 v.5.31 MCU and PPM packages? I need them for nokia.sno.at and my 8850 :smile:

best regards,

Leandros

Iccang
04-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Ok Guys..

I'll ask for seriously to that man... Actually, I read that news at mailing list but I don't seriously for ask it that time...

At this time, I'm in home, and my files at the office. So, maybe tomorrow I can get that info...

FLS-8 that I know can flash 9210 too (maybe all of DCT-4 phone). My friend in nokia centre tell me that they have:
1. Prommer
2. FPS-4
3. FLS-8
4. PKD-1
4. Original wintesla software
5. Phoenix Software
6. All Service Manual of Nokia's Phone

for can make anything about nokia's phone.
So, how about us??? :smile:

Best Regard
Iccang
========

Mulder3
04-04-2002, 11:48 PM
I have found this DTC4 flasher but i dont know if it works because i don have any DTC4 phone or cable.

Uploaded file: DCT4Flasher.zip (http://nokiafree.org/download.php?file=DCT4Flasher.zip)

DNewbies
05-04-2002, 04:50 AM
OK guys, sorry for the late reply cause i was on leave last 2 days. Thanks everyone for the reply.

Iccang,
Nice to see posting from u, hear alot about u.

Guys,
Yes, I'm a newbies, I hope i can learn alot from here.I found GSM thingy is indeed very interesting and start 'exploring' it but i found out that it's not an easy task too. Hope those veteran@master can give me some guidance on this.

Thanks everyone again for the replies. Continue with my search of knowledge ;-)