PDA

View Full Version : maxon mx7920

POOLEY
14-04-2003, 11:33 AM
does any one know of some tips and trix with these babys??
it must be the smallest fone in the world.

boydonegood
18-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Mate!
Just got mine,and it is tiny!!
Am gonna have a search about for any goodies,so will let ya know if i find anything,,,,but at mo mine is still standard!
Have you heard anything?
Cheers

POOLEY
22-04-2003, 09:33 AM
still quiet, nice piece of kit innit??
let me know any news

funky
06-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Does anyone have any problems with it?
USSD codes are simply not working on mine mx7920, I just get a "Please wait" message, and it loops to infinity?!?

POOLEY
06-08-2003, 09:57 AM
what are these codes? where did you get them from ????:D

funky
06-08-2003, 11:16 PM
USSD codes are nice way to access some of the services that are offered by your mobile phone service provider.
For an example:
Type number *100# and press call key -- the symbol/number is an USSD code, and you just sent it to service provider. Depending on your service provider, some USSD codes are valid (they perform a service), some are invalid... Anyways, USSD codes provide you with useful information, or have useful functions. Example: if the above code (*100#) is typed on a phone with a prepaid sim-card from my network, the phone will display, on its screen, the amount of credit I have remaining... However, if I type something like *88# (no service has been designated to this code in my network) , the phone should display a message "error"/"wrong value"/"this option not available" or something with the same meaning.
Now, any phone on any network, after entering USSD code should reply with some kind of message...
Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my Maxon MX7920 -- after entering it, "Please wait" screen with an animated clock pops up, and it remains on the display until I cancel it...
So, if you own Maxon MX7920, please, please, please, do me a favor -- type something like *88# (or any other number) and then press call key, and tell me if it displays you some kind of message, or acts just like mine... :(