PDA

View Full Version : 6100 unlocking

sykedeliq
15-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi ,

I just want to know whether a Nokia 6100 from U.K can use in Malaysia ? do i need to unlock the phone in order to use it in Malaysia ?

If yes , can you guys direct me the step-by-step how to do it ?

Thanks. :)

sykedeliq
16-04-2003, 05:16 AM
:( anyone ?

alih81
16-04-2003, 02:14 PM
yes you can use it anywhere in the world providing it is unlocked to all networks, if you type *#06# on your handset it will give you a serial number, post me this number along with the network it is locked to and i will give you the unlock code that you type into your phone and will unlock your phone.

sykedeliq
16-04-2003, 04:26 PM
check PM ;)

barrington
07-11-2003, 02:39 AM
yes you can use it anywhere in the world providing it is unlocked to all networks, if you type *#06# on your handset it will give you a serial number, post me this number along with the network it is locked to and i will give you the unlock code that you type into your phone and will unlock your phone.

You wouldn't happen to know if a UK barred phone (6310i on Orange Network) will work in the rest of the world, or specifically Australia would you?? I have been trying to get a clear answer to this question for about a month. Some say it will work no problem, others don't know and finally Orange themselves (fairly predictably) say it won't ever work anywhere in the world. I bought it on ebay from some dodgy git who has now disappeared. I thought selling it to Oz might get me some of my money back! Any advice gratefully received. B.

crashynot
07-11-2003, 12:01 PM
yes a fone that is barred in the UK will only not work in the UK but it will work fine in othe countrys all over the world