PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 8310 Data cable connection

gibbo1975
15-04-2003, 06:02 PM
SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.

I'm new to this game and i am tryin to connect my 8310 to my PC using a data cable. I am using windows XP with Nokia pc suite 4.8 no matter wat i do i can not get my pc to recognise my phone. I have checked for a COM port conflict and nothing else is using the COM port. I have also tried using it in win 98 as my PC is dual boot but no joy there either. Can anyone out there help me ????????????

cprafferty
16-04-2003, 02:54 PM
it will NEVER work unless you can re-program PC Suite

The reason

Well nokia never made a cable for the 8310 and as the cable was never made the PC suite will not look for the phone on a cable.

You have to use infra red or buy oxygen software's Phone Manager.

gibbo1975
18-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks 4 the info. Have tried Oxygen software but i cant get it to connect to my fone still. I have also tried logo manager. This recognises my fone but doesnt allow me to view any of the information stored in my fone have you got ny more ideas that i can try ?????????????????????????????????

shoebb
29-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi,

I have a little problem with the USB Datacable for the Nokia 8310. I bought one few week back and it is not a original DTC-3 Cable its a F/M Bus Cable but on the CD is not a driver for Windows XP and I need one. Can someone help me please??? I'm able to use Phone Manager to with the phone.

Please let me also know if u get some workaround. I'm a software engineer and do lot of serial programming using DTC. Even I realised this after buying the cable. Any idea on idea how to do use the normal AT commands using this cable?

Thanks in advance

Shoeb