PDA

View Full Version : 8210 Probs - "Insert Sim" - Won't Turn on

yagami
16-04-2003, 03:05 AM
I have an 8210, which when the sim is in the phone says "Insert sim card"

I have tried changing the sim contacts, different batteries, different screens, cleaning the contacts, and even blowing it with a hair drier and it still doesn't work.

Also it charges really quickly and discharges even quicker!!

Have tried flashing with rolis but says incorrect flash ID and won't flash. Knok won't erase the flash either. Have also tried Dejan, DarkShell and several others to flash this fone but nothing can flash it.

Can sum1 please advise me on how i can fix this problem?

------------------

Also have one 8210, that has been flashed with a fully working backup, but simply won't turn on. Any ideas.

Please reply guys! Need your help. Thanks - Also consider repair offers...

emul8d
16-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by yagami
I have an 8210, which when the sim is in the phone says "Insert sim card"

I have tried changing the sim contacts, different batteries, different screens, cleaning the contacts, and even blowing it with a hair drier and it still doesn't work.

Also it charges really quickly and discharges even quicker!!

Have tried flashing with rolis but says incorrect flash ID and won't flash. Knok won't erase the flash either. Have also tried Dejan, DarkShell and several others to flash this fone but nothing can flash it.

Can sum1 please advise me on how i can fix this problem?

------------------

Also have one 8210, that has been flashed with a fully working backup, but simply won't turn on. Any ideas.

Please reply guys! Need your help. Thanks - Also consider repair offers...

If you flashed the phone with an 8210 full flash, try connecting on mbus, and use Noktool by Rolis, then click FAID. If you already did that and the "Insert SIM" still exist then you must resolder/replace Power Supply IC "N100 IC" - use a Fine Tip Solder or Hot Air Soldering station to resolder/remove the "N100 IC"

Attached here is a diagram of the location of "N100 IC" marked in RED X

yagami
16-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks mate i'll give it a go.

Any ideas on the one that won't switch on?

DaveGSM82
24-04-2003, 01:22 PM
The one that wont switch on, dont use backups, your just asking for trouble. find a brand new flash file (version 5.31 is the latest) and a brand new eeprom (this is essential) and this will usually do the job.

The one that wont flash, instead of hitting the power button just plug in an ordinary charger, this will supply power if the battery wont.

hope this helps, Dave.

kuka
24-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi,

You must change CCONT(bga).SIM dont give +5v from CCONT.