PDA

View Full Version : 3210 eeprom burning and flashing

medb
04-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Have a 3210 that won't connect to the network. When the antenna is in it displays SIM Card not accepted.
This naturally lead me to belive that it was sim locked, but checking with #pw+..# showed that all locks was open.
Perhaps something wrong with the separate imie eeprom, I was going to change the imie anyway as it was non working (...), so i desoldered the eeprom (one side of it..) and read the contents with PonyProg, checked the .bin file for checksum errors with Contact Service Repairer 1.0 by Bartek and Repairer 1.0 by Guar, revealed no checksum errors whatsoever.
Got a virgin eeprom file (16384 bytes) from the internet and changed the IMIE with IMIE changer 1.2 by Bartek (this program is for 51/6110 but someone said it worked for 3210 too), burned the file to the eeprom with ponyprog and soldered it back on.
Same error!!

Any thoughts or ideas? I have mbus and dejan flasher cables as well as the ponyprog interface availible..

//medb

medb
04-04-2002, 03:33 PM
After some heavy digging through this great board I found someone who had much the same problem as me, the answer was to use EepromTools by b-phreaks with MBus cable and do a Repair IMIE (I changed the imie using ponyprog .. guess this was an unnececcary hard way to do it). The phone workes fine now. Thanks for everything.

//medb