PDA

View Full Version : 8210 dsp rom 5 upgrade to rom 6 for 8250 upgrade

gta
17-03-2002, 12:57 PM
hi, does anyone know what ic should be replaced. for the rom version to be upgraded? what is the part number? thnx... /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

p.s. nice page YASSER /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Yasser
17-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi gta

Thanks for appreciating my site.

Well.....you must be very brave to replace DSP ROM chip to a newer one. All I know is that its not easy....very small pins to desolder.

I hope someone will post which chip it is.....I have personally never replaced a chip on phone motherboard.....

Btw, did u manage to get 3310 wintesla dlls files working? The product module I told you about for 3310 inculdes MCU & PPM file only (old Version)....so no use.
You can however download them from Fonemecd site. But they are of no use really.

I still need 3330 BADLY.....please please try to find them or ask around....MY 3330 is dead for 3 months now /n/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Take Care

BR

Yasser

j_h_u_n
17-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi! gta,

I think you don't have to replace any IC,you have to look for the ROM6 using logger 1.2/1.7 by b-phreaks.I never done this yet but on the previous page in this forum that you have this version then you can upgrade your phone 8210-->8250.

Take care
j_h_u_n

Doc
17-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi!

Older phones have QFP package type chips (CCONT, MAD)
and can be desoldered "easy" with the appropriate equipment.
I did this already several time on my old 6130
(btw: I did not manage to change the DSP ROM version)
cos it's "infected" with the SP locks closed and all programs are unable to unlock it again.
To solder these QFP typ ICs is not so difficult. Apply fluxer and then heat up with soldering tip, careful apply hot air (nitrogen is better) or an IR-laser for each pin and slightly press each pin (also more at once if u want).

The newer ones (6210 for example) have BGAs. They r a big mess. U will have to heat the opposite side of the PCB. If there r also components... /n/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif U can also crack the micro-via's easily if u apply too much heat on a single spot. Not so funny because almost impossible to repair such damages.

Doc

ps.: QFP - look like a spider with tons of legs (visible)
BGA - have the connection under the chip itself (invisble)