PDA

View Full Version : Please Upload Nokia TDMA flashes not encrypted

man0n
06-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Please, Upload Nokia TDMA flashes not encrypted, at the moment we got only 2 (5120 and 5125) and it looks encrypted. Try to read from old tdma nokia phones.

If you do that we can try to study to make appropiate program to update checksums, etc as with gsm.

ismael_mj23
27-04-2002, 06:53 PM
Are you talking about flash files for wintesla or flash files downloaded from the phones.

Ismael

Silva
13-05-2002, 02:02 AM
How to download tdma flash files from the phone ?
Thanks in advance !
Silva.

Silva
11-06-2002, 05:23 AM
Hi,
can You post these files or send by mail to me ?
Thanks in advance,
Silva.
[email protected]

phonedudes
11-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Theres quite a lot CDMA/TDMA flash files!

Which model do you need??

Although they will not do you any good unless your using Wintesla to flash it with, since none of the Flasher Progz out there work on the TDMA/CDMA phones

Phonedudes

man0n
11-06-2002, 04:53 PM
some people already tested and works dejan flasher to flash tdma, but will be necesary study flash structure to analyze and modify programs

Silva
11-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Hi guys !
I have been making some experiences with flash using knok-phoenix but the results were not the ones that I waited. I get to do the download of some phones but soon after it gives mistake. I never made flash using wintesla and I don´t know as doing this.I would like to also try the dejan flasher but this after identifying the phone, gives communication mistake. If somebody can help me, I will be very thankful besides sharing the experiences with the group.
Best regards,
Silva.

phonedudes
11-06-2002, 07:45 PM
@ manon

Can you post a copy or a link to the version of DEJAN they used??

We can read a few files w/dejan but NONE would write. Which would be great since we have to use flash license each time we write with Wintesla.
Anyone have a flash license crk file??

We have analyzed and figured out a lot of t he Eeprom addressing and rewritten that w/o any problems.
Whats needed to know about flash file?

Phonedudes

:grin:

Silva
15-06-2002, 08:10 PM
Dear phonedudes,

I was out for some days but, I am come back again.
Await that I will send two versions of the dejan flasher that I have here.
regards,
Silva.

phonedudes
16-06-2002, 03:49 AM
Thanks Much Silva... :cool:
We look forward to seeing what you used.... as how you set up the (config files) to what phone models and Most Importantly the Software Versions of them you read and the paramaters you have told it.
We also been messing with the Rolis Flasher which reads the header correctly almost every time. However since its not compiled with TDMA header info types it errors BUT appears to read the flash correctly!
We will be trying WRITE(s) now.

Really appreciate your input... Since UNFORTUNATELY theres NOT MUCH activity in this thread!

PHONEDUDES
:D

phonedudes
16-06-2002, 03:55 AM
@ to manon

Are you in the position to study the flashes? And the problem we have had is finding the CODE of the 'FLASH PROGRAMS' to modify them. We have no probelm in doing so if we could get a hold of that information.
Hence in the interim started WRITING our own but since starting from scratch every snag we hit takes more research to where the answers MIGHT lie in the SOURCE of someones FLASHER.

Phonedudes

brewbob
16-06-2002, 06:56 AM
I just got a cable today that I THINK I can use to connect to an 8860. I need to set the esn number on the phones to what is on th eback cover. I have downloaded several programs to attempt to read and write to the phone. Any suggestions on which one to start with? Can someone summarize the steps needed to change the esn? I hav eused the dejan flasher before to unlock phones..but never a tdma phone. I am also very interested in the thread. Like somene said...there is little if any info on tdma phones.

Silva
16-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Dear friends, some people say that only possible to do flash in tdma/cdma through wintesla but, I already made some tests and I also read already in some places that it is possible to do flash with dejan flasher in tdma/cdma.
I personally didn't still get anything with dejan flasher in tdma/cdma but, I already got to read and to write flash in tdma using knock-phoenix although it has happened some mistake because the phone doesn't turn on after the flash. I continue trying, making tests and more tests. I will only stop after discovering on of I am wandering.
I count with your precious help.
Greetings,
Silva.
Barra do Garças - MT - Brasil

missingdave
21-06-2002, 05:43 PM
Am I correct saying that wintesla is the only working TDMA software?
I am mystified why a manufacturer would not have consistancy
across his product architecture. If nokia need a different chipset or code block to support gsm or tdma or cdma wouln't you at least expect them to standardise on the service interface protocols? seems like more work for themselves in the long run?
Am I missing something here?
Dave :confused:

phonedudes
22-06-2002, 01:48 PM
No there are other OEM software packages that work for TDMA/CDMA.
Remember, GSM is basically where it all began. And has been in use for MANY years(EXCEPT for U.S.Canada,Mexico).So there are many more users, (hacker/reversers), with much more time to do so.
1 Key item NOT used in TDMA/CDMA that ALMOST all the other programs written revolve around is a IMEI. Another item is SUBSIDY lock which CDMA/TDMA have something similar but its implemented differently.
For the most part they did a pretty good job keeping things ALMOST (of course not enough) the same considering they took 3 different technology types with all different requirements.

Phonedudes :) :grin:

brewbob
22-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Isnt the ESN in TDMA phones essentially the same as the IMEI in GSM phones?

Phonedude.... what program are you using to access TDMA phones? I have tried everything to access an 8860 without any luck.

22-06-2002, 03:43 PM
Do you know where can I download working Wintelsa ?
I downloaded some but ...never work with full function and It ask for Pkd...something...
Please help

phonedudes
23-06-2002, 10:03 AM
@brewbob Without getting into a lengthy explanation, the IMEI and ESN are (identifiers/serial #'s) but thats about the extent of their similarity. Simply because the GSM/TDMA protocol differs for one.
A ESN is checked by Every Network EVERY time a call is processed.IMEI's are logged but the extent of checking is network dependent. They can ban a IMEI like a ESN. However. the SIM is the source of Primary information.

What programs have you tried on your 8860 exactly and what is it your wanting to do with it?

Phonedudes
:grin:

brewbob
23-06-2002, 02:47 PM
Hi Phonedudes...

I have tried the following programs without success...

Rolis1.8 and 1.7, epromToolsbyBphreaks, Koci, LoggerByBphreaks, NokTool, NSE Imei changer, NX, TDMA Unlock, Tool35, Windls, NokPheonix. I just liseted the ones I saw in the folder....I think some parallel connection and wouldnt work anyway...but I forget. the point is I have tried about everything under the sun.

TDMA unlocker said it unlocked the phone..but I dont know for sure. Most of the programs dont see the phone connected. I am using a serial cable originally intended for the 8260. The 8260 and 8860 have the same connector type. I havent tried much with pheonix, because I dont know where to start. I have the ucables unlocker but no password...havent tried it.

Any suggestions on where to focus my efforts or another programs to try?

thanks

phonedudes
24-06-2002, 04:46 AM
(LONG before NOKIA even released a cable we made our own) and as you know it took 4 ever for them to release an aftermarket version.
Do you know 4 sure what type yours is (Fbus/Mbus/both)?
Since, there is not a do it all pgm 4 u (w/o dongle) are you just wanting to unlock it, or you want to be able to screw with it as well?
Unlocking it is not that complex, and we can tell you how to verify that.. What software version does your 8860 have?

Phonedudes:grin:

P.S. Did u get lucky w/your cable fit or did you do some filing, its a tight fit shoving it all the way to the Right!

brewbob
24-06-2002, 05:35 AM
It was advertised as an F/Mbus cable for the 8260. I got it from GSM-Technology. It fits the 8260 fine...but I had to chop off the battery holder prongs and then I use rubberbands to hold the clip and the battery inside the phone...I think I have a good connection...but like you said..its sort of rigged! The 8860 and 8260 have 2 rows of 4 pins each. The connector I have is 4 pins. Here is the cable I got...

http://gsm-technology.com/index/USA,en,USD,details,id_gr,13,id_pr,265.html

url looks goofy...I am sure you can figure it out.

I need to change the ESN number on a bunch of 8860. They are all set to some invalid number...and its the same in all of them. There is a valid number of the back of each phone..I just want to set it to that number. Most of the phones have sw version NSW-6.

Thanks

phonedudes
24-06-2002, 06:11 AM
The only thing cant tell is it AUTO switching or is there a manual switch on it?
Its so funny how these people sell stuff (especially TDMA/CDMA) and dont offer a complete solution for their customers. Although at $17 retail less then most guess u cant expect much.

What we need to know was the Flash software version, NSW-6 is Noks transceiver # for 8860.
*#9999# will pull that up

Phonedudes

brewbob
24-06-2002, 06:38 AM
My 8860's have the following sw versions....6.11, 6.12, 6.15, 6.16, 6.17, 6.21, 6.23.

I have 16 of these phones with the SAME esn!

I have no idea how or why they got set to the esn they now have.

missingdave
24-06-2002, 10:49 PM
does the carrier differentiate between tdma and amps platforms?
would a valid esn for an amps phone work on the tdma network/-theoretically of course.

16 with the same esn?-can't omagine how that could happen(grin)_

brewbob
25-06-2002, 02:08 PM
The cable I have is auto switching I guess since there are no manual swithes. The electronics is potted inside the connector and I cant see what it is.

Silva
25-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Dear friends,
as promised, they follow the flash files lowered of the 5180 enclosed and also the screens of the knok-phoenix during the reading.
I am using the bootloader of the wintesla and cable fls1. I didn't still record the files lowered in another phone but I will make this as soon as it is I possible and I will post the obtained results here.
Greetings the whole ones,
Silva.

Silva
25-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Dear friends,
once again I come to bring good you inform. And I got to also read the 6120 without any mistake.
I am enclosing the file(and the log for this file) read by the knok so that you can analyze.
I am enclosing also some screens of the knok during the reading.
Good luck for everybody.
Greetings,
Silva.

phonedudes
26-06-2002, 12:00 AM
I dont know why that happens even though it LOOKS like everything read fine, if you check the actual flash file there is nothing in there!

We noticed that when 'knok' does NOT rename the file to the model of phone and just calls it 255 that the flash is empty. It really did not read it.

If you look with hex editor program you will see FF 00's

Keep up the good efforts but thats the problem we found as well.

I guess maybe the boot loaders are correct but either the command is different to read or maybe the addressing is not correct. havent figured that out yet either.

Phonedudes

brewbob
26-06-2002, 12:01 AM
Silva...

Can you tell us more about what program you are using? I could not get the files to extract correctly.

phonedudes
26-06-2002, 12:53 AM
Silva is using 'knok-phoenix' for the reads with modified config files and boot loaders we sent.

As far as the '.rar' file be sure you have Win-Rar v3.0+ to unpack.

But like noted in previous post unfortunately the actual '.fls' file is blank. :(

Phonedudes

Silva
26-06-2002, 06:17 AM
excuse me,
I went a fool.
I had not checked the files such an it went to my euphoria.
Sorry,
Silva.

Silva
26-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Dear friends,
I really went unhappy when not checking the content of the files read with the knok of the phones 5180 and 6120. I just checked its size and as this resembled the expected, I believed that was everything correct, not worrying in checking its content. But I would like to say that this didn't make to give up nor it is going will make me to give up of the experiences. To the opposite, this gives me reasons to continue until that I discover what is wrong.
I count with the understanding of everybody.
I´m sorry.
Greetings,
Silva.

Silva
11-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Dear gentlemen,
after exhaustive tests with the knok-phoenix for flash of the nokia tdma, I still continue obtaining empty files (just contends FF 00).
I don't still know the reason for this but, I am trying to discover.
The log file of the last test that I did today proceeds enclosed so that you can analyze and who knows somebody can discovers what is happening. And I sincerely hope somebody discovers which is the problem not mattering that is not me. What truly matters it is a solution for the problem and that all we can learn with that.
Greetings,
Silva.

REYESITO
13-10-2002, 12:54 AM
hear my flash full nokia 5125i whit knok