PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 3650 call recorder

markyf
23-04-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm sure i read some where that i could record calls on my Nokia 3650 but does anyone know how and where i can get the software if necessary. I have just got my new phone so if anyone knows of any sites that offer free ringtones and software then please let me know. Thanks

wenmi
23-04-2003, 07:24 PM
it already is on your phone :)

markyf
23-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I have scoured my manual and can't find how to use it, can you help?

glhs509
23-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by markyf
I have scoured my manual and can't find how to use it, can you help?

You obviously didn't scour hard enough...

p.112 (Found via Index->Recorder, recording sounds)

ALMOGAVER
24-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Does anybody know if there is any program like that for the 7650??

buchikin
25-04-2003, 12:08 PM
7650 also has a recorder

ALMOGAVER
25-04-2003, 02:17 PM
YEAH! ...I know but, can it record conversations of active calls?

glhs509
25-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ALMOGAVER
YEAH! ...I know but, can it record conversations of active calls?

Only one way to find out....

(if you're not keen on figuring things out for yourself, here are the steps to try:

During a voice call, push the menu button and go to extras->recorder {assuming this is where it is located on the 7650/your menu}...now select Options->Record Sound Clip and it should begin recording. Hit stop when you're done and then after the call {or during} go through your list of sound clips under recorder and playback...)

buchikin
25-04-2003, 05:40 PM
@ALMOGAVER:

yes it can, but only a 1 min limit

ALMOGAVER
28-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, thankyou BUCHIKIN, old pal....
Shame that about the 1 minute restriction, but I guess it is better than nothing

krooga-network
04-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Sorry for bringing back this thread back from the dead but I thought it would be better then posting from new.... Anyone know of any programs allowing call recording longer then a minute and with no beeps ? Thanks, regards;

Sam

johnnyspliff
04-10-2003, 01:32 AM
I was looking for a similar program and Yuppo informed me of one.With smart answer, you can record as long as you want. The option is there somewhere. IT's on my group.

razorwolf
04-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, thankyou BUCHIKIN, old pal....
Shame that about the 1 minute restriction, but I guess it is better than nothing

its crap, because it makes a piep-sound when it records and tells the other side that it is recording. Its not better then nothin, no, nothing is better.

peace

EL-MOTRIB
04-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Hey guys. You can use the eti-camcorder to record unlimited voice.
Set the picture quality to the lowest and then switch audio to on and choose the volume of microphone (I sugest maximum) and make the limitation of the file's size you want. I suggest 10000kb (you can stop it whenever you want). I tried my self. When you finish recording, use a file explorer to enter the videos folder either on your phone's memory or on your mmc. Then delete the .eye file coz it's the video file (for space saving). Now you have the .ear file wich is an audio file. It's a .amr file but if you rename it to .wav it will still work.
P.S: For any help please refer to me. Always willing to help.

krooga-network
05-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Hey guys. You can use the eti-camcorder to record unlimited voice.
Set the picture quality to the lowest and then switch audio to on and choose the volume of microphone (I sugest maximum) and make the limitation of the file's size you want. I suggest 10000kb (you can stop it whenever you want). I tried my self. When you finish recording, use a file explorer to enter the videos folder either on your phone's memory or on your mmc. Then delete the .eye file coz it's the video file (for space saving). Now you have the .ear file wich is an audio file. It's a .amr file but if you rename it to .wav it will still work.
P.S: For any help please refer to me. Always willing to help.

Thanks for that... Will try that... Only problem being that its a bit long opening eti camcorder etc during a call....But its better then nothing as u said.....

Miracle

Andy_7650
06-10-2003, 01:43 AM
today a was on a phonecall to ma bro n a thought id probobly b chattin long so i did as u said and went into the recorder whil taolking to him on the loudspeaker and recorded what he was saying.it worked perfectly but im wondering do u have to have it on loudspeaker to record????

EL-MOTRIB
06-10-2003, 04:27 AM
No man, it works on the loudspeaker and handset both coz it uses the internal voice device to record the caller's coice but uses the microphone for yours. Hey guys, don't forget to delete the .eye file coz it takes a hell of a space

krooga-network
08-10-2003, 05:54 PM
No man, it works on the loudspeaker and handset both coz it uses the internal voice device to record the caller's coice but uses the microphone for yours. Hey guys, don't forget to delete the .eye file coz it takes a hell of a space

So if ur using a BT headset should work fine too then ?

philbee90
09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
sorry guys for this but i cant find recording options in my phone, i have a 3650 and ive checked the manual but there are no option to record sound, anybody hear of this before

EL-MOTRIB
10-10-2003, 02:32 AM
sorry guys for this but i cant find recording options in my phone, i have a 3650 and ive checked the manual but there are no option to record sound, anybody hear of this before

Hey man. Go to your menu by pressing the menu key. Then go to extras, there you will find recorder it records a minute of sound. For more than one minute read my posting in this thread. If u need any further help, refer to this thread. I'll help you.

EL-MOTRIB
10-10-2003, 02:34 AM
So if ur using a BT headset should work fine too then ?

I don't know man but it should. You just try it.
Sorry for replying so late.
I was just ill.

philbee90
10-10-2003, 05:28 PM
thanks EL-MOTRIB, there it was in front of me,thanks again

prakash_s23
21-10-2003, 05:00 PM
thanks EL-MOTRIB, there it was in front of me,thanks again

Does neone know how to stop that f******* beep/tone which is put by nokia when i record a phone call.

Thnx

Angel Of Death
21-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Does neone know how to stop that f******* beep/tone which is put by nokia when i record a phone call.

Thnx
Read the whole thread. Your question has already been asked and answered.

prakash_s23
22-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Read the whole thread. Your question has already been asked and answered.
Dude Angel, I read the whole thing. No one mentions of an app which can record without the beep. I wanna know if neone has any ideas or has reverse engineered the MediaClientAudio.dll

Thursday
03-09-2004, 06:00 AM
Sorry for digging...but any way to remove the beeping sound? Any file to change or modify? :-?

twr7cx
04-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Sorry for digging...but any way to remove the beeping sound? Any file to change or modify? :-?

Read through the entire thread. You can't get rid of it while using Nokias built in sound recording feature, but a way to record sound without having a beep is doing what EL-MOTRIB said:
"Hey guys. You can use the eti-camcorder to record unlimited voice.
Set the picture quality to the lowest and then switch audio to on and choose the volume of microphone (I sugest maximum) and make the limitation of the file's size you want. I suggest 10000kb (you can stop it whenever you want). I tried my self. When you finish recording, use a file explorer to enter the videos folder either on your phone's memory or on your mmc. Then delete the .eye file coz it's the video file (for space saving). Now you have the .ear file wich is an audio file. It's a .amr file but if you rename it to .wav it will still work."

lex0013
20-02-2005, 09:01 PM
This question has still not been answered properly.
The camcorder program is not good enough!
It takes too long to open in phone call and is not exactly automatic.

It does however demonstrate that it is possible for a dedicated phone conversation recording program, to record with out audible annoying BEEPS!

so please please please don't post annoying replies unless u know of a program that can do this! There must be one out there!!!!!

vrtjason
17-08-2005, 12:28 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but the person who posted the message about the ETI recorder was only answering the question about how to record audio with unlimited duration. He was NOT answering the question about how to get rid of the beep.

I verified this myself, using the ETI recorder. I opened the ETI recorder, but didn't start a recording yet. Then I made a call to my voicemail. Then I held down the application key and switched back to the ETI recorder while the call was in progress. By this time, my voicemail messages had begun playing and there was plenty of audio to record. Now that I was in the ETI recorder application again, I activated the record mode. THE BEEP WAS THERE. :eek:

Okay, you hot head? Asked, and NOT ANSWERED! (until now, that is.) :roll:

So, the question remains, does anyone out there know of a way to record audio of a call in progress while avoiding the background beeping noise?

Thanks...

lvckyluke
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Need to record voice/sound, use this..

CallRecorder 1.03 (http://lvckyluke.cjb.net/download/symbian/s60/CallRecorder.v1.03.Symbian.S60.cracked.lvckyluke.zip):
This useful application will let you record incoming and outgoing phone calls. CallRecorder can start recording automatically or ask whether to record a conversation or not - this will depend on the rules you set.

PowerDictaphone 1.04 (http://lvckyluke.cjb.net/download/symbian/s60/PowerDictaphone.v1.04.Symbian.S60.cracked.lvckyluke.zip):
PowerDictaphone lets you record an important idea and even a phone conversation!

Regards, :-D