PDA

View Full Version : Protecting My SMS Folders

rukawa
23-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi!

Is there a program that can password protect my SMS folders (in Messaging) or can hide this folders?

Thanks!!!

n3o2501
23-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Just lock the phone. Whalla, problem solved, unwanted access disabled ;}.

JCD
24-04-2003, 01:03 AM
hey rukawa, do you want to protect it from "The Scum of the Universe? (tm)"

aussie
24-04-2003, 12:18 PM
hmmm actually i also want to know the solution to this particular problem.... The only problem is that you can't seperate the messages fomr the messaging menu item..... If this was possible then we could fully customise our messages (protect, hide etc)
Cheers

rukawa
24-04-2003, 02:59 PM
I want to archive my old sms msgs by putting them in a folder then lock it (pwd protect or hide) so that i could also access them whenever i want to, and also to protect it from prying eyes (he-he!). alam nyo naman d2 s 'pinas, dami pakia*****o...ha-ha! joke lng!

rukawa
24-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Hope there is such a pgm or a way to do this...

Also, is there a way to make Nokia Data Suite 3.0 work with our new Symbian phones?

Is there PC pgms out there that can save/archive SMS msgs from Nokia 3650? Can Oxygen Phone Manager II do this? Share nman...

Thanks!!!

n3o2501
24-04-2003, 09:15 PM
@rukawa: Msg Saver should answer your prayers then.

pesa
25-04-2003, 03:17 AM
msg saver converts ur sms to a .txt file only ;)

n3o2501
25-04-2003, 05:26 AM
@pesa:

Originally posted by rukawa
Is there PC pgms out there that can save/archive SMS msgs from Nokia 3650?

MSG Saver does just that.

Jesal
25-04-2003, 06:33 AM
how do u put it back on to the phone. i wanted a program in wht u can back up and put it back on the phone like u can do with pc suite 5 for 6610 and 6510. i do with my 6510. thts decent

ajcool_scorpio
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
just use mum SMS+...... if somebody know how to protect a folde rjust let me know

vzx
03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
just use mum SMS+...... if somebody know how to protect a folde rjust let me know

Ok.. first of all "rukawa".. MUM SMS is the app for u.. it lets you hide select msg's or full folders.. depending upon your preference.. so here is what you need to do.. follow the instructions -

1). Install MUM SMS :lol:

2). Run the app.. register it or if you have the cracked version then proceed

3). ok so now you'll see a menu not diff from your messeging menu..

4). ok so now comming to the hiding part.. - first of all go to options and select password option - enter the password of your choice and confirm it once again (this step is very imp)

5). ok now to hide your msg or folders -

a). if you want to hide a msg - go to that particular msg and press the * button, you'll notice a lock appears beside the msg

b). if you want to hide all msg in a particular forlder then select a folder and press * button.. Alternatively you can slect options and select "All to hidden" option (this is a little time consuming method as compared to pressing * button)

6). Exit the app and check your default message application.. your selected msg/folder(s) are not visible.. although they are physically present on you r phone and accessible thourgh any external editor like Fexplorer..

7). if you want to view your hidden msg then again open the mum sms app and enter your password.. then proceed to the msg/folder(s) you've locked and press * button again to unhide your SMS.. that's it..

Note :- turn off the monitor if you want to view your new incoming msg's in your default messaging application

Monitor function tutorial :
----------------------

White list
---------

Well the monitor is turned on by default and the default profile is set to white list

What this basically means is that if you get msg from any person whose name is not in this white list, then that msg will go directly into your MUM SMS inbox and you'll get a predetermined response (customizable) as an information on your desktop screen (which by default is set to something like "there is nothing to see here" )

so you'll have to go to your MUM SMS inbox to view that msg.. cause it wont be visible in your default msg application.. my advice would be to keep your monitor off..

Black List
--------

What it does is the same as white list.. but here, all the msg from persons listed in your black list, will go into your mum sms inbox.. and the rest will go into your default application.. simple as that

How to add people in your list
----------------------------

go to profiles > select any desired list >

select options> select personalise > to personalise it to white or black list > personalise your information message if you want, what folders you want to protect, etc

Select modify list > options > add phone no/contact/prefix

that's it you're done with configuring mum sms

This tutorail was written with regard with mum sms 4.02.. i still have to get my hands on v4.05 to know what new in it.. so anyway i hope that you find this tutorial helpful in working out your problems..

As always all the work is human.. so never free from errors.. any suggestions/criticism/corrections are most welcome

Cheers
Vzx

H@Zardous P@in
04-03-2005, 12:34 PM
If somebody want MUM SMS + PM me and i will send it to ya ;)

orionpax
18-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Is this MUM app similar to the Gina App?

nagin
18-03-2005, 02:14 PM
wow.. u guys brought back a 2 year old thread!!