PDA

View Full Version : Changing SMS Beeep

Kjetil
07-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone

Wondering..
Does someone know how to change the standard
sms msg pip, by altering the flash.
I want to change the second peep sequence to a different frequence. Everyone uses the standard pip and when i'm sitiing on a bus ore something. Halv of the people on the bus are looking on theire phone when someone gets a msg.

Eilermark
08-04-2002, 02:52 AM
hi Kjetil: I'm wanna change it too.. if u able to change it, please let me know. Thanks

Iccang
08-04-2002, 03:09 AM
Hi..

Use flashtone 2.05

http://www.schwantz.hpg.com.br/zip/Flashtone.zip

BR,
Iccang
=======

Utencil
08-04-2002, 03:50 PM
ok, I have used flashtone to change the tone, however how do I now update faid, because eeprom tools don't work on an altered flash!

PS I have an autoswitching m/f bus cable and not an mbus.

Thanks.

Mulder3
08-04-2002, 07:06 PM
knok or logger/tek_faid_calc should work.

Kjetil
12-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Heya Ive tried with the flashtool.
But it would not alow the function with Alert tones. Is this because 3210 flash file?
Does It not work with older phones with sep. eeprom? ore I've done something wrong

Abe
13-04-2002, 02:20 AM
If your cable doesnt work with that kind of tool and it only works with eeprom tools 3.01 then use ppmmanager 0.91 and repair all CRC's in flčash and then use eeprom tools....
work 100%...regards..........

NokDoc
14-04-2002, 03:04 AM
Alert beep changing step by step.

Since MCU has limits in replacing and adding the ringtone can't be replaced by longer ones.
The tone Ascending is the longest so the most interresting for replacing with Ur own ringtone.

Required: (Sometimes other alternatives are possible but I only tetsed these)
soft: Ice Dragon's Flashtone205, From_Vanov's PPM_Manager091 and bPreaks Eeprom tool2/3, Flasher like kNok or Dejan.
hard: Dejan Flashter (lpt) and MBUS or FBUS/MBUS cable. (com)
Data: MCU+PPM (full) flash file and a file containing suitable tone data in txt format. (eg Popcorn:d=4,o=5,b=160:8c6,8a#,8c6,8g,8d#...)

Get the MCU+PPM (no eeprom) of the wanted version for Ur phone.

Open this flashfile in Flashtone.

Now open the new tone data file.

Select mode Alert tone.

Select Ascending from listbox and press Change.

Save the changes first! and stop program.

Open the changed flashfile in PPM_Manager.

Press correct all checksums, save the file and exit.

Flash the final changed file now to the phone using Dejan, kNok etc. (lpt cable)

Authorise the changes by calcing the Faid by bPreaks Eeprom tool, pressing only the left button. (com cable)

At this point U should be happy now, I was. (3310-445, Popcorn Alert)
If not, tell us.

Good Luck

NokDoc